What possibilities has someone knowing my password to my ESET account?

What bothers me with using ESET is the ESET account.

If someone has access to it, can he remotely lock my PC? Or find out my location? What is possible?

• Most Valued Members

no unless you specifically activate the ESET Anti-Theft feature on the product itself.

if you worry about someone compromising the security of your accounts, use a service that provides secure passwords and stores them in a browser extension for example. also make use of two factor authentication whenever possible.

Thank you for the reply. It helps. So I do all the settings from the program? 

The account can be limited only to license management?

And this limitation cannot be extended from the account only from the program right?

On 1/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, Alexbb said:

What bothers me with using ESET is the ESET account.

What Eset account are you referring to? The eStore account you set up when you purchased your license from the Eset Germany web site?

• Most Valued Members

Also to note that web wise eset will use encryption. The best practise is to use a unique password and two step authentication where available (not sure if eset uses this for my.eset and so on). One way cyber criminals get access to users passwords is via data breaches as a lot of people tend to reuse the same password 

3 hours ago, itman said:

What Eset account are you referring to? The eStore account you set up when you purchased your license from the Eset Germany web site?

When buying the license it asks you to create an account. So my question is do I control everything from the program on my pc or is there a chance of using the account for parental control or similar stuff.
I can imagine e.g. a husband sharing a key within the family and then  having some information about the PC of his wife. 
I am asking because I had to avoid Sophos Home where you control a lot from web interface.