Updating endpoint causes outlook "updating"

pstoric

I've noticed that anytime we update our ESET endpoint version that our Exchange users complain that outlook is stuck updating for some time after. What causes Outlook to resync or update after and endpoint update and is there anyway to avoid this?

I can check the ESET Server console but I'm mainly using the default settings. Any idea where I can find that specific one? I assume it's under the custom policy?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Do you use cached Exchange mode?

image.png

Approximately how many emails are in the Inbox folder?

Does enabling this setting make a difference?

image.png

Yep everyone uses that as online mode is unbearably slow.

I have about 20 different small business clients and user mailboxes vary greatly between them. I have one company for example that each users has hundreds of subfolders and anywhere from 50k - 100k items that they insist on having available at all times and then other users that have very few sub-folders and a reasonable mailbox size but it seems to effect them all.

• Administrators

Isn't it possible to enable cached Exchange mode? At least to see if it resolves the issue.

As for the number of emails in the Inbox folder, I didn't mean in subfolders but only emails in the root of the Inbox folder.

What about enabling the option "Disable checking upon inbox content change" option? Does it make any difference? What about disabling scanning of read email and leaving only sent and received email scanned?

• 1 month later...

Good Afternoon,

I would appreciate some help with this issue also, we have just deployed eSet Endpoint Antivirus 8 to multiple Windows 10 devices and on some of these machines it is not syncing the mailbox correctly it gets stuck on updating.

We have tried the following, disabling the eSet Outlook Add-In, Enabling cached exchange mode, Disabling eSet.

None of these changes resolve the issue, if we recreate the mail profile it will sync and work correctly for 24-48 hours and then get stuck at updating again.

We have also downloaded and tried the Outlook Syncing issues .xml file

Thank You

Sync Failure 2.png

Sync Failure.png

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Chemilines said:

We have tried the following, disabling the eSet Outlook Add-In, Enabling cached exchange mode, Disabling eSet.

None of these changes resolve the issue, if we recreate the mail profile it will sync and work correctly for 24-48 hours and then get stuck at updating again.

If that didn't resolve the issue then neither uninstalling ESET should. Could you try on one machine?