NOD 32 is corrupting Rar Archives

Hello,

after 1 Day search for the reason, why my big Rar Archives are getting corrupted .

I have network problems excluded, then a faulty Ram, and come to the conclusion, after the deinstallation of NOD32 AV, it was the AV. (Actual NOD Version from Eset from Sunday). <_<

The Size per Archive was different, to the other (example: 250.552 correct was 250.550 Kbyte). And Powerarchiver/Winrar/7-Zip told me,  the Rar has an "unexpected end"..

Edited by ThomasGoe69

• Administrators

ESET's real-time protection doesn't touch non-sfx archives at all. Please provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue. Which of the protection modules need to be disabled to stop the issue from occurring?

The programm is now deinstalled. This was the solution for this issue. Maybe, there is a problem (side effect) which NOD with the Programm Asus Gamingfirst have to do.

Gaming First is a tool for the priority for Gaming/ Download/ Surfing ...(like  cFosSpeed) ..

The deactivating of the "real-time protection" showed no positive effect. In the Final (after 1 Day intensiv research), i kicked the programm and looking now for another AV.

Edited by ThomasGoe69

• Administrators

If it was web protection that was causing this issue, it was mostly due to a bug in Windows Filtering Platform which Microsoft addressed in the hotfix KB2789397. For more information, please refer to our KB article hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3145 (Downloaded files are corrupted after installing the Microsoft hotfix KB2735855 and KB2750841).

If it was web protection that was causing this issue, it was mostly due to a bug in Windows Filtering Platform which Microsoft addressed in the hotfix KB2789397.

If I read hxxp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2789397

correctly, then this hotfix has still to be manually installed by all windows 7 users, whereas in windows 8 this is fixed via the regular windows updates.

Is this correct and if so, why is there no automatic update for windows 7 users?