A good 2021 to all of you!

Since 1-2 days I suddenly have a problem, the WIN10 PC is extremely slow. E.g. starting a browser session normally was instantaneous but now takes 40 sec.

Windows Task Manager shows 100% CPU usage, which is for over 99% by ESET Service (2), see attachment. 

I did not start any action with ESET, e.g. there is no virus scan running.

Any suggestions what I can do to get back to normal CPU usage?

Thanks in advance for your help!

image.thumb.png.746a2990403589b8ab98d8f685e4c268.png

I had postponed an ESET update because I was not sure if that update would still be covered by my active license.

As a last thing I could think of, I did the update and luckily it is still covered by the active license.

After restart the problem has disappeared😃. I can only hope it stays like that.

• Most Valued Members

Your license will cover the product upgrades that ESET provides , as long as it's still active , you will be able to download update and product upgrades

ESET Staff will probably request logs to determine the reason for this spike, but as a restart has fixed it probably something got stuck.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

When the issue occurs, please enable advanced operating system logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, leave it logging for 2-3 minutes and then disable it.

Then click "Create" in the Diagnostics section of the advanced setup to generate an ekrn dump. Next collect logs with ESET Log Collector, upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a personal message with a download link.