v. 3.0.937.0-0

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

The new version contains just internal fixes and optimizations in order to prevent reported rare crashes and it has improved Anti-phishing protection.

Just reinstalled and an old problem reappeared - I have two devices on my.eset , "phone" and "phone"-1.

This issue was resolved before. It was a time when I had 7 devices registered on my.eset for the same phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

No Doctor9fan, not at this time. However, you can download the Google Play version and use your existing ESET Username and Password to activate it--this will give you the latest version and quicker updates from the Play Store:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2997#activate

No Doctor9fan, not at this time. However, you can download the Google Play version and use your existing ESET Username and Password to activate it--this will give you the latest version and quicker updates from the Play Store:

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2997#activate

Thanks for the reply but I use a Kindle which cannot use the Google play store so the only option is to download from eset directly.

I tried that version but when I paid to unlock it to the premium version it gave the error that the credentials were incorrect. Had to get a refund from Amazon as eset support couldn't find any transaction record under my amazon email address. I then bought a two-year subscription from eset directly.

Tbh I'm surprised that the version downloaded directly from eset isn't the first to be updated but instead their version seems to never be updated. I even tried 1mobile but I can't download from there either & I'm now two updates/versions behind.

Hello Doctor9fan,

It almost sounds like you may feel that you are receiving inadequate support.

I just wanted to apologize and remind you we here on the forums will always be here to try and help with whatever conflicts you might seem to run into.

ESET loves to get phone calls to, i hope you reside in an area that has that backbone. Are you in US ? :)

If you are referring to EMS, mine updates all the time, and i would be curious to find out what your issue may be, whether it a problem with the account or the mobile device.

Next time you are having troubles, even if ESET can't find your order by email address, we can also search by name, phone, address, etc etc. We have a pretty neat system in place for looking at accounts.

Just come here to the good ole forums and we will make sure you are in good hands. :D

I do feel that I've made a mistake in purchasing the product & the lack of support I received on both this forum & from eset directly about the amazon App Store purchase was disappointing to say the least. The eset website only shows the version I currently have & there's been two updates since. The 1mobile site just shows it loading the download & not actually downloading, I suspect there's a problem with the site itself as I have problems with Facebook & twitter updates but other downloads/updates are fine.

I'm in the U.K.

One of my co-workers has a Kindle Fire. They are bringing it in Monday. I'm interested in what you may be experiencing so i am going to have a look to see if i can find out what is going on. :)

When I registered the amazon version it asked for an email address but didn't mention specifically that it should be the one connected to my amazon account, upon purchasing I was not asked for any amazon details only a pop-up asking how I wished to pay, payment went through but no license upgrade occurred & it gave the error message I mentioned previously. If you look on the App Store (UK certainly) you'll see several low ratings all due to this same problem.

Well i can create licenses. I will make one for myself and try to activate etc.

Or i will take your route and try to buy from amazon uk. I will use a vpn in Europe if i need to.

Will post my results and findings on Monday-Tuesday.

• Most Valued Members

Amazon's ESET Mobile Security currently has the version 2.0.868.0 according to the page Aryeh linked earlier in the thread.

ESET's Website currently has the version 3.0.882.0.

Google Play's ESET Mobile Security currently has the version 3.0.964.0-0.

In previous Google Play versions, I was never able to activate using my ESET Username and Password or Key, as the only avaliable option was to use the device's store in-app purchase function for subscriptions (Google Play for version 2 of Mobile Security did this for example), which forced me to use ESET's Website version at the time which allowed username and passwords.

In this most recent version on Google Play, this is no longer an issue and can freely use my username and password, as shown in this KB Article.

I have a feeling that due to the Amazon version being outdated, Doctor9fan is having this issue especially since purchasing the license from ESET directly? :unsure:

I then bought a two-year subscription from eset directly.

Edited by planet

Just to clarify I removed the amazon version & installed the version from the eset website, it is this version I successfully upgraded to premium.

The amazon version you have to unlock via their AppStore which failed to do so. If you could enter a unlock code bought from eset direct to unlock the amazon version that would be good.

• ESET Moderators

I'm only speaking to the original issue from this thread, regarding the latest version updates. At this time, the latest version is only available on Google Play, and if you originally purchased and installed from ESET.com, you can now use the Google Play version. Amazon is separate.

I'm only speaking to the original issue from this thread, regarding the latest version updates. At this time, the latest version is only available on Google Play, and if you originally purchased and installed from ESET.com, you can now use the Google Play version. Amazon is separate.

Except you can't get Google play on the amazon kindle. Or at least not the app.

This is what i have seen in the past with customers that brought me their kindle for work. Restricted to Amazon app store. Unless you root and remove their os and add android.

Edited by Arakasi

@Doctor9fan

My friend forgot the kindle.

Wish i had one, but i won't buy one, lol.

She said she would try and bring it tomorrow. Stay tuned. ;)

Can't speak for the other Kindle users who experienced the same problem upgrading to the premium version via the Amazon app store but I did wonder whether the problem was due to not using my Amazon account email address to register the app at the time of setting up the free version prior to my trying to upgrade.

Hello

Doctor9fan, i now have a kindle in hand. Just installed ESET.

Checking updates, signature db version, as well as license activation. :)

I can confirm that Planet is correct in the earlier post he made.

2.0 on amazon...

I was able to successfully download ems 3.0 from ESET's website and install on the kindle. :)

I also had no troubles activating a premium license trial of 30 days.

The problem i see here is, amazon has an outdated version.

Also ordering from ESET directly will not let you activate on amazon's 2.0, you would have to purchase directly from amazon, as you found out yourself.

However if you order from ESET directly, its easy to download 3.0 from website and activate with u/p.

In conclusion and for future customers, i would suggest not ordering from amazon's app store as it could be a bumpy ride.

The only thing i cant check is ordering from Amazon myself to see if there was license/email discrepancies, i would have to pay for the license, with ESET directly i can create a license on a whim, so i was able to troubleshoot with you.

I will now delete the licenses from the system, but its unfortunate amazon is a little behind.

As i think planet stated, Google used to be the same way but i think they fixed that flaw for Play store. (activation)

Edited by Arakasi