Jump to content

Agents can't connect to ESET PROTECT (ESMC)

Recommended Posts

Today I upgraded my ESMC to ESET PROTECT Server - Version 8.0 (8.0.2216.0) and then I tried to deploy the agents through the ESET PROTECT console. The clients received the new agent version but since then they can't connect to the Server. 

I tried the following so far (after the server upgrade):

  1. Deploy Agent through ESMC/ESET PROTECT;
  2. Installed Agent with an installer (one time using the IP address from the server and another time with the hostname instead);
  3. Installed Agent + Endpoint security;
  4. Needless to say, I already tried rebooting the server and affected clients, but all this attempts were without success.


Here is a log from one of the affected clients:

Status log

Scope Time Text
Configuration 2020-Dec-22 08:31:27 Product configuration:
  • Use of HTTP proxy for ESET services is disabled
  • Use of HTTP proxy for replication is disabled
  • Repository hostname is: AUTOSELECT
  • Update server is set to: AUTOSELECT with "regular" update type
Dynamic groups 2020-Dec-22 09:39:35 Device is not member of any dynamic group
Last authentication 2020-Dec-22 10:23:44 Enrollment OK
Last replication 2020-Dec-22 10:23:49 ERROR: InitializeConnection: Initiating replication connection to 'host: "IP address removed" port: 2222' failed with: Request: Era.Common.Services.Replication.CheckReplicationConsistencyRequest on connection: host: "IP address removed" port: 2222 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: IP address removed:3128, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:0, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 14, error message: Connect Failed, and error details:
  • Replication details: [Task: CReplicationConsistencyTask, Scenario: Automatic replication (REGULAR), Connection: IP address removed:2222, Connection established: false, Replication inconsistency detected: false, Server busy state detected: false, Realm change detected: false, Realm uuid: e93f671f-2d28-4768-9af7-9b41ccc2d00f, Sent logs: 0, Cached static objects: 0, Cached static object groups: 0, Static objects to save: 0, Static objects to delete: 0, Modified static objects: 0]
  • All replication attempts: 113
Peer certificate 2020-Dec-22 08:31:27 OK
  • Agent peer certificate with subject - removed - is and will be valid in 30 days
Policies 2020-Dec-22 08:31:27 Device has no policies assigned
Product 2020-Dec-22 08:31:26 Product install configuration:
  • Product type: Agent
  • Product version: 8.0.1238.0
  • Product locale: en_US


I appreciate any input that may help solving this problem. Thank you very much!


Kind regards,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe that ESET protect and agent might be in different VLANs. I have one agent with the same error. And i Know that protect and agent are in different VLANS and those 2 VLANS don't have connection (permission to communicate). 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi gregxn, thanks for your input. 

Im not sure if thats the problem. This specific server and the clients are on my standard VLAN.

I mean, all my other clients using the old agent version (7.2.1266.0) are still communicating with the server, even after the upgrade.

The problem starts to occur when I update the agent to the newest version available (8.0.1238.0).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...