ESET ESMC and EEI agents are installed without file security for windows .

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

We have installed ESMC and EEI agent on a windows server without file security . 

we can see the file security mask in the name section but in installed application list not able to see it is installed .

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, rishav said:

we can see the file security mask in the name section but in installed application list not able to see it is installed .

If I understand it correctly, you have not installed ESET File Security for Windows servers yet? If so, please install EFSW 7.3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

If the mask is present, that would indicate, that there is EFSW installed. Did you check the machine itself?

As per my knowledge, it should not be possible to install EEI agent, when there is no Endpoint / File Security product. Also, to activate EEI Agent, security product is needed, as it handles the activation of the EEI.

Can you maybe post a screenshot from one of the affected machines, from the "computer details", first screen (tiles with installed apps, activated licenses, and the overall status of the machine)? 

here in installed application list we have only esmc and eei agents but not file security .

license is also there .

we have seen the control panel also but same no file security .

image.png

image.png

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

And if you attempt to install File Security via "software install task", what is the reported error (as I assume, that such attempt would fail). 

What I would do in this case, is try to login to the affected machine in safe mode, and execute eset uninstaller, to remove any remains of EFSW installation, and also the EEI, and once the system is "clean", reinstall those components from scratch. It might indicate a corrupted EFSW install. Also, is this machine reporting any events to EEI server, or reporting any functionality problems in EP console? 

Do we have a process to check what may be the conflicting application to stop the installation of ESET file security .

Can you provide the knowledge  base  article for the same safe mode.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:08 PM, MichalJ said:

And if you attempt to install File Security via "software install task", what is the reported error (as I assume, that such attempt would fail). 

What I would do in this case, is try to login to the affected machine in safe mode, and execute eset uninstaller, to remove any remains of EFSW installation, and also the EEI, and once the system is "clean", reinstall those components from scratch. It might indicate a corrupted EFSW install. Also, is this machine reporting any events to EEI server, or reporting any functionality problems in EP console? 

the machine is giving problem attached.

image.png

On 1/7/2021 at 5:08 PM, MichalJ said:

Hello Team performed the safe mode uninstallation and tried again , thanks it worked .