The secured browser could not be started Associated error code: 0x847695d2

• Administrators

The code means that an untrusted dll was blocked. Please provide 2 Procmon logs, one from launching a normal browser and the other one from launching a secured browser. Also provide logs collected with ESET Log collector from time when a normal browser is started. What browser do you use?

10 hours ago, JPCummings said:

I have a similar issue.  Occurred after I installed the latest FireFox Update, but it also happens in other browsers.  Interestingly, it sometimes allows me to connect

I am running latest version of FireFox as my default browser on Win 10 x(64) 20H2 and having no issues with B&PP.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, JPCummings said:

I have a similar issue.  Occurred after I installed the latest FireFox Update, but it also happens in other browsers.  Interestingly, it sometimes allows me to connect

Please follow the instructions from my post above.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Alan Junior said:

Sorry, Marcos. Collecting process monitor logs is outside my wheelhouse. If this is not a known issue to ESET, I will uninstall and look for another product.

Refer to this: https://support.eset.com/en/kb6408-banking-and-payment-protection-browser-not-working . Scroll down to this section in the article:

"Protected browser could not be started" message or 0x847695d0 error

Resolve the "Protected browser could not be started" or "0x847695d0" error:

Edited by itman