YEARS Of Eset Internet Security, will I have to move on? HELP APPRECIATED!

Go to solution Solved by peteyt,

Additionally, Eset license status is shown in the Eset GUI Help and support section per below screen shot. The posted example shows an Eset license with one seat; i.e. 1 device, purchased:

Eset_License.thumb.png.0726402fb1fce859e54eb25834eade64.png

28 minutes ago, itman said:

Additionally, Eset license status is shown in the Eset GUI Help and support section per below screen shot. The posted example shows an Eset license with one seat; i.e. 1 device, purchased:

Eset_License.thumb.png.0726402fb1fce859e54eb25834eade64.png

Ya I had that 2 paid.  I guess I'm to foolish for this so idk what I'll do but I figured it out atleast the getting both computers to work with each license.

Just now, Prayer1 said:

Ya I had that 2 paid.  I guess I'm to foolish for this so idk what I'll do but I figured it out atleast the getting both computers to work with each license.

Btw are you on 20h2 windows?

• Most Valued Members
14 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

Not sure if it's mentioned but you can open  a support ticket on the site which might be better 

On 1/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, peteyt said:

Not sure if it's mentioned but you can open  a support ticket on the site which might be better 

Ya thanks for help but I'm wondering if you don't mind if your on 20h2 windows? If not thats cool.

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

Ya thanks for help but I'm wondering if you don't mind if your on 20h2 windows? If not thats cool.

Yeah i am with no issues

15 hours ago, peteyt said:

Yeah i am with no issues

Thanks. Should I upgrade other 20th? Or get over with? Ya up to me i know but asking your opinion.

• Most Valued Members

Thanks. Should I upgrade other 20th? Or get over with? Ya up to me i know but asking your opinion.

Sorry I know this isn't related but is firefox sync worth it IN YOUR OPINION?

No idea about Firefox as I use Chrome and I'd update Windows if I was you

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 6:46 AM, peteyt said:

No idea about Firefox as I use Chrome and I'd update Windows if I was you

Well should I switch to chrome? I mean obviously thier is the data stealing that Google does and I don't even have to say anything about google.. why do you you choose Google and would a password manager like bitwarden (just an example) instead, be better?. Sorry off topic but I'm still on this part makes no sense and has to be wrong obviously. Until I duckduckgo it an glance at it. (Note: I accidently deleted part of a sentence so I just guessed it. The sentence b4 duckduckgo.)

Version - 2004

Installed on 12/1/2020

OS build - 19041.685

Experience - doesn't matter and they won't tell us what it is officially or unofficially which this page gives an idea after explaining or sneaking in NO MORE OPTIONAL UPDATES. Huh wonder why that is?.... (sarcasm) Anyway I didn't ever think there was optional updates just like none on Windows 10 were optional. But you did, use to be able to delay a pretty decent time and I'm sure people figure out how to delay way wayy longer then they patched it. Spyware. Enough rant. I haven't noticed any issues with Eset internet Security but I know eventually, well the 24th officially, ill be forced to update. Ill update when I sleep. Any issues on you end? How's it like , Do they reset your settings like privacy settings/things along those lines etc? Or are they even their or an option?  What bugs are you experiencing? I know its different for everyone, just had to ask. Also do you have EIS or EPS? If you don't mind me asking?

• Most Valued Members

Well should I switch to chrome? I mean obviously thier is the data stealing that Google does and I don't even have to say anything about google.. why do you you choose Google and would a password manager like bitwarden (just an example) instead, be better?. Sorry off topic but I'm still on this part makes no sense and has to be wrong obviously. Until I duckduckgo it an glance at it. (Note: I accidently deleted part of a sentence so I just guessed it. The sentence b4 duckduckgo.)

Version - 2004

Installed on 12/1/2020

OS build - 19041.685

Experience - doesn't matter and they won't tell us what it is officially or unofficially which this page gives an idea after explaining or sneaking in NO MORE OPTIONAL UPDATES. Huh wonder why that is?.... (sarcasm) Anyway I didn't ever think there was optional updates just like none on Windows 10 were optional. But you did, use to be able to delay a pretty decent time and I'm sure people figure out how to delay way wayy longer then they patched it. Spyware. Enough rant. I haven't noticed any issues with Eset internet Security but I know eventually, well the 24th officially, ill be forced to update. Ill update when I sleep. Any issues on you end? How's it like , Do they reset your settings like privacy settings/things along those lines etc? Or are they even their or an option?  What bugs are you experiencing? I know its different for everyone, just had to ask. Also do you have EIS or EPS? If you don't mind me asking?

Ive not noticed any issues on my end. If your debating on getting a password manager eset Internet security premium comes with one.

As for Chrome I just use it for ease of use. Syncs with my Android phone etc. Obvious Google isn't the best privacy but there not the only one 

20 hours ago, peteyt said:

Ive not noticed any issues on my end. If your debating on getting a password manager eset Internet security premium comes with one.

As for Chrome I just use it for ease of use. Syncs with my Android phone etc. Obvious Google isn't the best privacy but there not the only one 

Should I switch to Chrome because I got Firefox and I sync it to my android an other phone no issues seems secure to me I think but if you think googes better ill go with it. Btw Eset Internet Security doesn't come with the password manager. Its Eset smart security premium which I think you meant. But even with tgosex2 extra things odk if its better or worse or the same as Eset Internet Security but idk its probably best to stick with what you know idk.. I don't trust those password managers like last pass or bitwarden etc so if it were to be one it for sure be with eset. Did I ask what type you got I forget but if its intrusive done answer.

Thanks

• Most Valued Members
33 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

Should I switch to Chrome because I got Firefox and I sync it to my android an other phone no issues seems secure to me I think but if you think googes better ill go with it. Btw Eset Internet Security doesn't come with the password manager. Its Eset smart security premium which I think you meant. But even with tgosex2 extra things odk if its better or worse or the same as Eset Internet Security but idk its probably best to stick with what you know idk.. I don't trust those password managers like last pass or bitwarden etc so if it were to be one it for sure be with eset. Did I ask what type you got I forget but if its intrusive done answer.

Thanks

Got the name wrong yeah its eset smart security premium with the password manager. I use Stickypassword as I got a cheap lifetime license a few years back. Eset used to to use an edited version of theirs for their password manager but now use another developer but can't remember who.

Upgrading to eset smart security premium depends on what you'll use and costs. A lot of password managers have monthly costs so it may be cheaper upgrading eset depending on the pricing differences. Also the other thing premium comes with is a tool for encrypting files.

Browser wise it's all down to personal opinions. Only thing you can do is try and see which one you find works better for you.

Should add esets password manager now can check your passwords with the haveibeenpwnd website by Troy Hunt which is great for checking if you've any passwords saved on sites that have reported breaches

13 hours ago, peteyt said:

Got the name wrong yeah its eset smart security premium with the password manager. I use Stickypassword as I got a cheap lifetime license a few years back. Eset used to to use an edited version of theirs for their password manager but now use another developer but can't remember who.

Upgrading to eset smart security premium depends on what you'll use and costs. A lot of password managers have monthly costs so it may be cheaper upgrading eset depending on the pricing differences. Also the other thing premium comes with is a tool for encrypting files.

Browser wise it's all down to personal opinions. Only thing you can do is try and see which one you find works better for you.

Should add esets password manager now can check your passwords with the haveibeenpwnd website by Troy Hunt which is great for checking if you've any passwords saved on sites that have reported breaches

Ya I'm aware of the pwned thing. And switching to premium is no big deal or should I pay for a password manager or upgrade is what your saying? Sorry bothered you a lot.

• Most Valued Members
58 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

Ya I'm aware of the pwned thing. And switching to premium is no big deal or should I pay for a password manager or upgrade is what your saying? Sorry bothered you a lot.

As I've said it's all down to preference. It may be cheaper to upgrade eset than to pay for eset and then pay for a separate password manager on top of it 

Password Manager has made my firefox browser useless...has taken me weeks to realize what it was. Thought I had internet problems or computer issues until yesterday i used a different browser and all the PW Mgr problems not being available went away AND the other browser was lightning speed doing work. I really need to use firefox for specific purposes. Please fix PW manager! It has always been such a useful tool, I have been happy to pay for it...but it is wrecking my life right now. Not making it easier as it should. Thanks in advance for your quick fix, ESET...hopefully you are monitoring this!

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, wra said:

Password Manager has made my firefox browser useless...has taken me weeks to realize what it was. Thought I had internet problems or computer issues until yesterday i used a different browser and all the PW Mgr problems not being available went away AND the other browser was lightning speed doing work. I really need to use firefox for specific purposes. Please fix PW manager! It has always been such a useful tool, I have been happy to pay for it...but it is wrecking my life right now. Not making it easier as it should. Thanks in advance for your quick fix, ESET...hopefully you are monitoring this!

Please open a support ticket with your local ESET distributor and provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector as well as information about your my.eset.com email address and your password store email.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:58 AM, peteyt said:

As I've said it's all down to preference. It may be cheaper to upgrade eset than to pay for eset and then pay for a separate password manager on top of it 

Ya on the my.eset.me. basically ride it out until the 6th of May. But ya now I'm going to have to look into this password manager deeper because idk if thats a rare issue what person said or does it pop up a lot? Anyway my last question I hope. I've looked into it no Android doesn't need a AV, yes Android needs an AV and EVERYTHING in between idk something reptilian shape shifters among others. Im stuck on it,do I get it?

YOU CAN SKIP READING BELOW IF SO DECIDE

Which this book of Enoch that was magically "found", in the Vatican and you compare that with the Catholic Bible thier extremely similar. Also if you compare those with the kjv Bible, they are completely different books. Different doctrines, beliefs an so on. God protected 66 books. 

• Most Valued Members
17 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

Ya on the my.eset.me. basically ride it out until the 6th of May. But ya now I'm going to have to look into this password manager deeper because idk if thats a rare issue what person said or does it pop up a lot? Anyway my last question I hope. I've looked into it no Android doesn't need a AV, yes Android needs an AV and EVERYTHING in between idk something reptilian shape shifters among others. Im stuck on it,do I get it?

YOU CAN SKIP READING BELOW IF SO DECIDE

Which this book of Enoch that was magically "found", in the Vatican and you compare that with the Catholic Bible thier extremely similar. Also if you compare those with the kjv Bible, they are completely different books. Different doctrines, beliefs an so on. God protected 66 books. 

It is safer to have an AV like Eset for Android. Anything can have potential risks so it is safer to have some kind of protection

On 1/21/2021 at 4:58 AM, peteyt said:

Oh ya almost forgot, Android is saying I was on the beta but then it sends me to same lin in play store so I can't download just uninstal. Idk if I was on it and I need to uninstall then reinstall which is stupid.

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution
Just now, Prayer1 said:

Oh ya almost forgot, Android is saying I was on the beta but then it sends me to same lin in play store so I can't download just uninstal. Idk if I was on it and I need to uninstall then reinstall which is stupid.

No idea I have more experience with the desktop version really

On 1/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, peteyt said:

Same... my computer updated but I guess I have some more to go through. I hear a lot of people having issues with password manager on Android but the mobile security has 4.4 stars so seems alright. But their password manager is awful at least on Android.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, peteyt said:

Man I'm using Firefox sync may have to switch to Google if I remember correctly right? Because the app SUCKS. The one on computer is amazing but the Android app is a joke!Also im trying to get mobile security for Android but do I buy another seat or under my.eset.com click add license (from my ESET INTERNET SECURITY) and if you scroll down u see for Existing customer which is for updating to premium now an add seat to EIS Which only lasts to 6 month of this year same with switching to premium. Anyway then see FOR HOME and FOR BUSINESS then a list of there 3 windows products then 2 MAC products then Eset Mobile Security for Android select number of devices and 14.99 for a year... is the Premium password manager worth it for PC? I like the encryption? If Android has it its very bad apparently. Also hearing issues with password manager on PC because of update. I just can not find a password manager.  Plus I can encrypt things on my own.

Edited by Prayer1

• Most Valued Members
13 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

Man I'm using Firefox sync may have to switch to Google if I remember correctly right? Because the app SUCKS. The one on computer is amazing but the Android app is a joke!Also im trying to get mobile security for Android but do I buy another seat or under my.eset.com click add license (from my ESET INTERNET SECURITY) and if you scroll down u see for Existing customer which is for updating to premium now an add seat to EIS Which only lasts to 6 month of this year same with switching to premium. Anyway then see FOR HOME and FOR BUSINESS then a list of there 3 windows products then 2 MAC products then Eset Mobile Security for Android select number of devices and 14.99 for a year... is the Premium password manager worth it for PC? I like the encryption? If Android has it its very bad apparently. Also hearing issues with password manager on PC because of update. I just can not find a password manager.  Plus I can encrypt things on my own.

As mentioned i don't use the password manager as I have a lifetime license with another one. You could always download a trial of the premium version and see if you prefer it. Same with eset mobile. I belive it can be purchased possibly through the play store but as a customer you could contact sales and maybe they'd be able to sort a deal with premium to.

As for chrome as I mentioned last time best thing to do is download and give it a try and see if you prefer it over Firefox. Everyone has their own favourites and some people don't trust Google. At least by trying you can choose what works best for you

32 minutes ago, peteyt said:

As mentioned i don't use the password manager as I have a lifetime license with another one. You could always download a trial of the premium version and see if you prefer it. Same with eset mobile. I belive it can be purchased possibly through the play store but as a customer you could contact sales and maybe they'd be able to sort a deal with premium to.

As for chrome as I mentioned last time best thing to do is download and give it a try and see if you prefer it over Firefox. Everyone has their own favourites and some people don't trust Google. At least by trying you can choose what works best for you

Well its been proven beyond a insane amount Google spies on you and sells your data an so on an so on..  Ya I remember you saying that so I didn't imply it. Ill just stick to EIS. And see if Eset will let me work out a deal with the mobile but a guy says no because it has Mahaffey which id rather have nothing then that virus. Ill need to dig through phone an delete it but I bet its impossibly hidden. What is your thing called and recommend it? U can PM me or if not get it i guess.

Thanks for help