Jump to content

YEARS Of Eset Internet Security, will I have to move on? HELP APPRECIATED!


Go to solution Solved by peteyt,

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Prayer1 said:

This is what im talking about.. Having windows automatically get updates. I get for this one you need to update your eset and Windows to 20h2. By what date do you need to do this because my eset is fully up to date but would like to wait as long as possible to update to 20h2. The deadline spring 2021 which is March 20th. Will this be like this every update? I know its impossible to tell but you know like a big deal...?

 

20201228_180711.jpg

20201228_180929.jpg

Request to delete the 1st photo pleaze!! Extremely appreciate it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Prayer1 said:

This is what im talking about.. Having windows automatically get updates. I get for this one you need to update your eset and Windows to 20h2. By what date do you need to do this because my eset is fully up to date but would like to wait as long as possible to update to 20h2. The deadline spring 2021 which is March 20th. Will this be like this every update? I know its impossible to tell but you know like a big deal...?

 

20201228_180711.jpg

20201228_180929.jpg

Which version of eset are you using as the message you shown would imply either your using an old version or something is making windows think eset is out of date

Please note the image mentions updating to eset version 13.2 or later. Eset is now at version 14 which suggests you are using an old version of eset. Your version may get virus signature updates but newer versions contain newer and improved security, features etc. not to mention bug fixes. It is always generally recommend to stick to the latest version.

Also important to mention is the fact an eset license will work for any version of the product that it is licensed for and even products lower than it. What that means is if you have a license you can update it to the next version and the next version etc. for free

Edited by peteyt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
6 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

Request to delete the 1st photo pleaze!! Extremely appreciate it

Is there any reason for it? The screen shot does not contain any sensitive information and is related to what is being discussed here.

Also please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Prayer1 said:

This is what im talking about.. Having windows automatically get updates. I get for this one you need to update your eset and Windows to 20h2.

This was discussed previously in this thread: https://forum.eset.com/topic/26794-years-of-eset-internet-security-will-i-have-to-move-on-help-appreciated/?do=findComment&comment=126838 . Are you reading what we are posting?

Again, the Eset notification you posted has absolutely nothing to do with you having to update Win 10 to its current Feature Upgrade version. The notification is being generated because you are currently running a version of Eset prior to release 13.2. What this means is your current version of Eset must be updated to the latest version ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, itman said:

Yes. You can create encrypted folders on an USB drive. Locally, you can create an encrypted virtual drive.

Ref.: https://help.eset.com/essp/14/en-US/idh_page_utilities.html?enc_getting_started.html

How do I move code to another computer I have 2 an 1 is on a broken laptop. So I want to keep the other one in place but move the one from the broken laptop to my other laptop. I'd look it up but having to use phone for now and its buggy until I get home

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Prayer1 said:

How do I move code to another computer I have 2 an 1 is on a broken laptop. So I want to keep the other one in place but move the one from the broken laptop to my other laptop. I'd look it up but having to use phone for now and its buggy until I get home

Thanks

you mean the eset license? if the laptop can't boot at all, visit https://my.eset.com/ log in you'll be able to deactivate one seat.
if you free one seat, the free one will remain available to be used to another machine. your working machine will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prayer1 said:

How do I move code to another computer I have 2 an 1 is on a broken laptop. So I want to keep the other one in place but move the one from the broken laptop to my other laptop. I'd look it up but having to use phone for now and its buggy until I get home

Thanks

This type of inquiry is out of scope for this forum.

That said if the broken PC won't power up, you're out of luck unless you backed up your personal files previously. Another possibility is removing the hard drive from the laptop and use a SATA to USB converter: https://www.newegg.com/vantec-cb-isa225-u3-usb-to-ide-sata/p/N82E16812232064?Description=sata to usb cable&cm_re=sata_to usb cable-_-12-232-064-_-Product. You can then attach the drive via USB connection to another PC and copy your files to that PC.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, itman said:

This type of inquiry is out of scope for this forum.

That said if the broken PC won't power up, you're out of luck unless you backed up your personal files previously. Another possibility is removing the hard drive from the laptop and use a SATA to USB converter. You can then attach the drive via USB connection to another PC and copy your files to that PC.

Ya im aware of that, all i care about is getting the code transfered which you explained. Im aware of back ups. Best buy can do it. Another loss in translation. I have the pc part handled but thats irrelevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, itman said:

This type of inquiry is out of scope for this forum.

That said if the broken PC won't power up, you're out of luck unless you backed up your personal files previously. Another possibility is removing the hard drive from the laptop and use a SATA to USB converter: https://www.newegg.com/vantec-cb-isa225-u3-usb-to-ide-sata/p/N82E16812232064?Description=sata to usb cable&cm_re=sata_to usb cable-_-12-232-064-_-Product. You can then attach the drive via USB connection to another PC and copy your files to that PC.

It powers up but the screen is screwed. This sucks you need that computers eset info to transfer it to another computer. If I were to just transfer it off pc to new laptop then it would cancel eset on that pc. Ugh all this just transfer. Irritating I had dang CD. HAD stuff clean so who knows it is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

It powers up but the screen is screwed. This sucks you need that computers eset info to transfer it to another computer. If I were to just transfer it off pc to new laptop then it would cancel eset on that pc. Ugh all this just transfer. Irritating I had dang CD. HAD stuff clean so who knows it is.

 

I'm unsure what the issue is. If you have a computer with eset installed and you can't access it to uninstall it you can vist http://www.my.eset.com and deactivate it via there.

Did you also update your eset to the latest version? As I mentioned the other day the reason your getting that warning is your eset is an old version 

Edited by peteyt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prayer1 said:

It powers up but the screen is screwed.

You should have a VGA port on the laptop that allows you to connect an external monitor. However, this will only work if the graphics chip on the laptop motherboard is not damaged which very well may be the issue.

Disconnect the monitor from your tower and connect it to the VGA port on the laptop. Power up the laptop and enter BIOS settings and set graphics to use external VGA monitor. Note that I don't know if the BIOS change is actually needed. Some laptops sense an external monitor is connected and auto switch to it.

Also and obviously, this will allow you to download your files from the laptop. Or, just continue to use it with an external monitor attached.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, itman said:

You should have a VGA port on the laptop that allows you to connect an external monitor. However, this will only work if the graphics chip on the laptop motherboard is not damaged which very well may be the issue.

Disconnect the monitor from your tower and connect it to the VGA port on the laptop. Power up the laptop and enter BIOS settings and set graphics to use external VGA monitor. Note that I don't know if the BIOS change is actually needed. Some laptops sense an external monitor is connected and auto switch to it.

Also and obviously, this will allow you to download your files from the laptop. Or, just continue to use it with an external monitor attached.

I think the user is on about his eset license as he mentions eset. I presume he just wants to get it from his laptop to his other device 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, peteyt said:

I think the user is on about his eset license as he mentions eset. I presume he just wants to get it from his laptop to his other device 

Yes, that was also my assumption.

As far as use of my.eset.com, it is only applicable if the license was purchased directly from Eset. Otherwise, you have to create an account at my.eset.com and manually add your license to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, itman said:

Yes, that was also my assumption.

As far as use of my.eset.com, it is only applicable if the license was purchased directly from Eset. Otherwise, you have to create an account at my.eset.com and manually add your license to it.

Well I manged to, after much prayer, get all the info you need. Well according to the eset page. You know how you press ctrl + u and it shows that info? Well ya. Anyway do I need to Uninstall the eset on this laptop with broken screen? I mean it would make sense to.... I'm going to go ahead and just Uninstaller it from control panel. Or is that not enough to remove key?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Created account my eset and deactivated the broken computers protection. Now I'm going to Uninstall, then instal eset internet security on the new laptop and add the license to my eset

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

For extra information about windows updating,

You can use the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition which doesn't feature update frequently as Home and Pro edition.

---

From myESET account you can switch off license seats and assign them to another computers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nightowl said:

For extra information about windows updating,

You can use the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition which doesn't feature update frequently as Home and Pro edition.

---

From myESET account you can switch off license seats and assign them to another computers.

What if your have 2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nightowl said:

For extra information about windows updating,

You can use the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition which doesn't feature update frequently as Home and Pro edition.

---

From myESET account you can switch off license seats and assign them to another computers.

What if your have 2? Like they both have the same license key 🔑  but Desktop is different you know where it says desktop?

Edited by Prayer1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Nightowl said:

For extra information about windows updating,

You can use the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition which doesn't feature update frequently as Home and Pro edition.

---

From myESET account you can switch off license seats and assign them to another computers.

O just noticed 1 license equals 5vorcam I losing my mind?. Also is it the same with premium?

Sorry for bugging you.

Also I'd appreciate help here, how do I add a computer?

Edited by Prayer1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Prayer1 said:

What if your have 2? Like they both have the same license key 🔑  but Desktop is different you know where it says desktop?

You're referring to "seats." For example, a 3 PC license has only one license key but 3 seats allocated to it. When this license is installed on a PC, a seat is allocated to it.

To reallocate a previous used seat to another device, you uninstall Eset on the device where it is installed. This should automatically remove this seat allocation in Eset License Manager. You can now install Eset on another device and a seat will be allocated to this device in Eset License Manager.

However, sometimes things get screwed up for a variety of reasons and the seat allocation in Eset License Manager is not removed. This is why you should manually verify a previous used license seat has actually been removed in License Manager after it has been uninstalled on a device.

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, itman said:

You're referring to "seats." For example, a 3 PC license has only one license key but 3 seats allocated to it. When this license is installed on a PC, a seat is allocated to it.

To reallocate a previous used seat to another device, you uninstall Eset on the device where it is installed. This should automatically remove this seat allocation in Eset License Manager. You can now install Eset on another device and a seat will be allocated to this device in Eset license manager.

However, sometimes things get screwed up for a variety of reasons and the seat allocation in Eset License Manager is not removed. This is why you should manually verify a previous used license seat has actually been removed in License Manager after it has been uninstalled on a device.

I did. Wow this is a major pain in  the rear. Ugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...