VNC blocked by firewall

Chanklish

hello

i have a vnc internal server inside my trusted zone

i allowed the 2 ports 5900 and 5800 and added all my local subnets to the trusted zone but vnc is still blocked

i cannot use learning mode as i am using ERA ( if i do i get hundreds of  failed to add policy errors )

what should i check ?

Since this is an inbound firewall rule, remove all Local section IP addresses and the Trusted Zone reference. Only thing required in the Local section is ports 5800 and 5900.

This will allow inbound access to the local defined subnet/s for this device from all external subnets defined in the Remote section. Also remove the Trusted Zone reference and any port references in the Remote section.

Ref.: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2235-eset-blocking-ultra-vnc-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=12772

I will also note that it appears you want to allow all inbound/outbound communication from/to all subnets you have specified. I really don't know if that is possible using Eset firewall. Eset might just "choke" when same IP address was used for inbound and outbound communication.

Edited by itman

Also be aware that by adding all those external subnet IP addresses to the VNC server device's Eset Trusted zone, all existing Eset default firewall rules that specify Trusted zone criteria such as existing NetBIOS rules will also allow all those existing external subnet IP addresses. In other words, connection exclusively by the VNC ports you specified would be overridden.