suggestion for all eset products

bateracd

Because in the current age where computer screens are more faithful to colors and resolutions and all software companies offer customization options for interfaces and skins, Eset does not offer the so popular dark theme. I am testing nod32 on my pc but I am weird about all my applications and even my operating system has a dark theme but nod32 has a totally clear interface. I searched the app and there is no option to change the interface to a dark theme. My suggestion is for Eset to give this option.

Surely investment in protection is more important than the visual appearance of Eset. How often do you open the Eset console. 99% of the time its hidden and works in the background. Unlike apps that are used daily that would benefit from the Dark/Light mode, I cannot see the point in having that option with a background service interface.

Edited by MrWrighty

• Most Valued Members
On 12/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, MrWrighty said:

Surely investment in protection is more important than the visual appearance of Eset. How often do you open the Eset console. 99% of the time its hidden and works in the background. Unlike apps that are used daily that would benefit from the Dark/Light mode, I cannot see the point in having that option with a background service interface.

Yes I agree. I have no issue with eset implanting a dark mode if they decide to. However I presume it wouldn't be as simple as it sounds. If it's something that would take a while I'd rather they used that time on the product itself rather than how it looked 

Edited by peteyt

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

A dark mode option is in consideration for a subsequent release of the software, however, there is no specific time associated with the request. 

Keep in mind that this type of change is not a matter of simply changing the background colors.  Color choices and design of icons and other imagery along UI components and even text layout (size, positioning, typeface choice, etc.).  All of these have to be carefully reviewed and, if needed, adjusted for compatibility as well as for any impact to the supportability of  the programs (for example, what happens when a blurry or low-res screenshot is sent in with a ticket).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Most Valued Members
16 hours ago, Aryeh Goretsky said:

Hello,

A dark mode option is in consideration for a subsequent release of the software, however, there is no specific time associated with the request. 

Keep in mind that this type of change is not a matter of simply changing the background colors.  Color choices and design of icons and other imagery along UI components and even text layout (size, positioning, typeface choice, etc.).  All of these have to be carefully reviewed and, if needed, adjusted for compatibility as well as for any impact to the supportability of  the programs (for example, what happens when a blurry or low-res screenshot is sent in with a ticket).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

The only UI change I wouldn't say no to and I've brought up before, is allowing some customisation e.g. when you right click the eset icon e.g. allowing for gamer mode or other frequently used options to be there.

While off topic I've also been wondering lately if there would be a better way to troubleshoot eset issues. Currently when eset doesn't work and people post on here a mod will often ask to try and disable a certain feature and if that doesn't work possibly ask to disable something else. I was wondering if a kind of troubleshoot wizard could help where the user could use this and the wizard would try different things e.g. disable different things, and at least find a possible feature that is causing the issue although I don't know if this would work and probably be too complicated