hosts with nod32

mirko041
Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

I've windows 8.1 with nod 32 7, I'm unable to load the file hosts (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts), I want lock an http adress but it doesn't work.

I open and edit the file hosts but the system doesn't load it. Help me please!!!

I edit the file hosts and save, but if I testing it doesn't work example:

127.0.0.1 facebook.com

the browser open the website.

In my second pc I've windows 8.1 and avast free and the some hosts file works fine.

I think nod exclude the loading of hosts file.

Not sure if he want to deny access or something else. But if he want to block an adress can't he do so from within the product using the url management in the setup tree?  :unsure:

I understand. :)  

I just thought that if you don't get it working through the hosts file then you got an alternative way of doing it.

Edited by SweX

Yah, its not like its any difference.

Both methods use DNS for blocking.

*Have not had time to try it on home version ess yet.

Edited by Arakasi

I ask a setting of nod32 for load hosts file, now nod32 bypass it, I can't understand why nod jump it.

Are you saying the problem is no longer occurring ? Or do we still need to investigate ?

Thanks

the issue is unsolved, i use spybot search and destroy with immunized system for add many adress on hosts file.

Hosts file with nod isn't loaded.

yes, thank you I delete all entries of spybot and I'm testing with an url and now the file hosts works fine.

But, how I can edit the lists of spybot for works fine? Write 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0?

And why the some lists and file hosts (I had copy the file hosts of my second pc to this with nod) with avast free works fine and with nod have this issue?

• Administrators

It seems that the basic question whether the hosts file is detected and blocked by ESET hasn't been answered yet.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Under Microsoft Windows 8, the operating system has protection built in to prevent the hosts file to be modified by an unprivileged account. To bypass this, you must edit the hosts with administrator privileges so that the changes will be recognized and saved.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

yes i've already writed that if I delete the spybot search and destroy entries all works fine, now I ask how I modding the lists of sybot for work fine with nod.

Please follow the instructions here. You need to reset your Hosts file to factory defaults, not remove lines.

The Spybot Hosts file should not be used at all since it has too many parked | redundant entries. 

Use a know-good Hosts file. hxxp://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2014/06/05/2108045.aspx

I've import the hosts file with spybot entries from my old pc, now I've delete the entries and it works fine,

It needed to add the entries in nod in advanced setup in web protection url blocked or nod automatic block the list by default with its power?

for me the topic is solved, i ask for next version of nod32 to add an option for exclude hosts file monitoration. thank you to all.