New ERA 5.2.22 Testing

Hello,

I didnt see in the user guide information regarding the new embedded network commands.

Added: Basic network actions from console (for example: Wake on LAN, Ping, Shutdown, RDP, and Message)

Having some errors and troubles with a few and they may need a few variable changes in the code.

Message features gives an error 01 - Is this a net send ?

RDP gives a host not found, and ping also does not result in a reply despite having good dns settings and manual communication through cmd or opening mstsc works just fine using hostname.

Thanks !! :)

Hello Arakasi,

This function is simply a different interface for the NET SEND function within Windows. To test this functionality, please try using the NET SEND command from a Command Prompt window running on the server hosting ESET Remote Administrator Server. Please see the following Microsoft TechNet article for your reference: Net send

From the article:

• The Messenger service must be running for messages to be received.
  • You can send a message only to a name that is active on the network. If you send the message to a user name, that user must be logged on and running the Messenger service to receive the message.

If the NET SEND command works from Command Prompt, but does not work using the Remote Administrator, please let me know.

Thank you,

ChadH

Always a pleasure Chad.

Thanks for the explanation ! :)

I figured it was net send lol.

I was able to get the RDP working on another different server, so i know it is working perfectly.