ESET Protocol Filtering causing Drop Box sync to fail

tmuster2k

Noticing a trend where computers with ESET installed (Home consumer or Endpoint) , is causing issue with Drop box sync to fail (Can't establish connection". Doing full disable of Protocol Filtering resolves the issue and then drop box starts syncing again. only disable of SSL/TLS filtering does not resolve issue. I assume doing a Protocol Filtering exclusion for drop box should not be applied correct? if so then how would you exclude PF from scanning drop box ? 

I have the same thing happening both at home and at work. At home I've been able to remove Dropbox.exe from the filtering list (not added to exclusion list) and it's working as normal now.

Advanced Settings -> WEB AND EMAIL -> SSL/TLS -> List of SSL/TLS filtered applications -> Edit

Then removed the line with Dropbox.exe in it.

Once applied the changes and restarted Dropbox connected without issue.

At work however it's a corporate environment and management of the settings is understandly by another dept so something in ESET is triggering a response from Dropbox to make it not trust the connection.

We have also had this issue with a number of clients

Creating and protocol filtering exclusion works around the issue, but I don't like having to exclude apps that interact with the Internet 

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Command IT said:

Creating and protocol filtering exclusion works around the issue, but I don't like having to exclude apps that interact with the Internet 

Looks similar to the issue home users had. Updating Dropbox seemed to fix the issue 

Good to knpw, I have relayed the below instructions to others.

Seeing as there's fixes likely inbound I'd only carry these out with intention of re-enabling and adding Dropbox later on and use this as a get working now solution and not ideal.

Dropbox_eset_adjustment.thumb.png.3d8be028ec67230b9f81b91689d31e9a.png

20 hours ago, Command IT said:

I totally agree, I'd be looking to briefly use these settings at home as a short term solution.

Workplaces on the other hand I'd prefer to endure the loss of Dropbox functionality whilst ESET resolve this in a future update.