Virus Signature update has not been digitally signed??

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

• ESET Insiders

Why am I getting this message from NOD 32 when it attempts to update it's virus signature?  The Virus Signature update file has not been digitally signed! Do you wish to apply this update anyway? Do you want to use this update anyway? It happened with database 9957.

post-1030-0-61607700-1402993789_thumb.jpg

Edited by cutting_edgetech

Hello,

I just did a manual update to 9957 and did not get this.

As it has been stated in the past, this only happens if your updates are filtering through a proxy or similar.

Check for proxy in all the locations ie. browser/hostfile/adapter

Check your DNS, what are you using ?

Ofc let's see what a moderator says too.

Maybe get some pcap logs ready.

Edited by Arakasi

Setup - Enter Advanced Setup - Update - Settings - Clear Update Cache - Worked for me and I managed to update it manually

Setup - Enter Advanced Setup - Update - Settings - Clear Update Cache - Worked for me and I managed to update it manually

it works.

thanks

it works.

thanks

You're very welcome.

• Administrators
  • Solution

There was a temporary glitch with the digital signature of one of the modules that was updated today. As stated above, the issue can be fixed manually by clearing the update cache.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks Marcos :)  

"Hello i'm a proxy have I caused you trouble?" 

"No, you are innocent this time go back to work" 

• Administrators

As of now, it's not necessary to clear the update cache and the program updates flawlessly as before.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this issue. It still persists, but in a puzzling way.

My main PC multiboots; I have Win 7 x64, Vista x64 and Win XP x86 along with several Linux distros.

The problem does not exist with Win 7, but it still does with the other Windows I have installed. It cannot be a proxy issue as this is a consistent finding. I shall try clearing the update cache in the affected OSs.

Edit:- Just popped into the other OSs to clear the update cache and there was an update before I cleared the cache without error. The common denominator here is that XP and Vista are not used that often so does not get frequent updates. The issue could be linked to the time between updates. It is a very minor issue but a) annoying and b) I do not like computers too win LOLZ.

Edited by DrTeeth

The computer in question that gets that error, could have a hidden proxy that is not just in internet properties Lan section.

It could be hidden in the host file, or other places, using obfuscation methods.

Hitmanpro is "PRO" at finding hidden proxies.

Try a scan and let us know ???

Hi Arakasi,

Both affected OSs scan clean. Don't forget that there were signature updates without error when I briefly booted into each OS to clear the update cache. This was before I cleared the cache in each case.