Installation Error MSI.1401

Rick Q

I'm trying to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus on a new Windows 10 Laptop, but the installation consistently fails with an error "MSI.1401". I've tried various approaches including running as an administrator and trying the ESTInstallationFixer (which found nothing to fix). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Administrators

Error 1401. Could not create key: \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Please make sure that the System account and Administrators group have full access granted for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options and all subkeys.

i paid for new extension to service (cust since 13) some months ago and i have just so much time on wknds to work on this. i cannot take a day off to work around your schedule. i try to access customer support or help and im going in circles. i cannot for any reason load eset with any fixes. it gets to deleting services and that it, my disk doesnt have english as a language and it doesnt work. ive tried numerous times asking for help and all i get is the same reply. IT DOESNT WORK! is that clear enough? ive paid for something that doesnt work. refund or service? or am i just experiencing fraud?

• Administrators

If you already had ESET installed and your license expired, it's enough just to purchase a renewal and the license will continue to work and download updates.

If you are trying to install ESET from scratch and getting the said error, please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector for a start.