Can you use eset smart security premium with a secondary real-time scanner?

VanillaHaze

Hello i would like to remain exclusively with eset however i won't name it (unless anyone needs to know about compatability specifically) but there's another security software that provides the benefit of encrypting anything written online (anti-keylogging) it does say quite clearly on the site that it's designed to work in conjunction with any other anti-virus software but I was wondering since eset is the integral part of my security stack what's eset / experienced eset members verdict here?

• Administrators

If it's an anti-keylogger and not antivirus, it should work alongside with ESET. The only exception is Banking and payment protection in which you'd need to disable keyboard protection since two keystroke scramblers cannot work together.

ok i'm not quite sure it's a full on antivirus software, but it's something along those lines, it's called hitmanproalert, does anyone know if this is known to cause conflict with eset background real-time scanning?

Just out of interest if it is known to causes problem i was wondering if any security professionals know of a standalone anti-keylogger they would be kind enough to recommend (if its allowed here)

Edited by VanillaHaze

If you wish to use HMPA with Eset, HMPA real-time protection needs to be disabled, As such, HMPA can be used as a second opinion scanner.

On the other hand, you can save yourself some money and just download and run HMP as a second opinion scanner when you suspect malware that Eset hasn't detected.

24 minutes ago, itman said:

If you wish to use HMPA with Eset, HMPA real-time protection needs to be disabled, As such, HMPA can be used as a second opinion scanner.

On the other hand, you can save yourself some money and just download and run HMP as a second opinion scanner when you suspect malware that Eset hasn't detected.

Hi, I wasn't really interested in a secondary scanner as I have one (MB) (unless HMP can be used as a tertiary scanner 😉) I just needed a complimentary standalone anti-keylogger. There's not much on the market but I found one called guardedid which I think looks decent enough.

Thanks for the input 🙂