Secure Browser Feature in Security Management

hey,

just found this new Feature in my ESET Security Management Center when editing client policies for Eset Endpoint Security:

Looks like that this feature is not recognized by the clients? Endpoint Security itself doesn't have that menu feature when checking directly on client. also theres nothing happening when adding a protected website? is it some beta stuff?

image.thumb.png.e3b6a335cffddd99c0d08f90e6745f15.png

• 2 weeks later...

Marcos, can you please provide a link on how this feature is supposed to work?

I just upgraded from one version to the latest Internet Security V 14 and see this is included but I am having a hard time finding any explanation on what it does or is supposed to do. KB notes have various infos on possible errors and I just got Error Code 0x847694d4.   I will follow the advise there to see if this fixes the error but at this point I don't see any explanation as to what this feature actually does.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, beethoven said:

Marcos, can you please provide a link on how this feature is supposed to work?

I just upgraded from one version to the latest Internet Security V 14 and see this is included but I am having a hard time finding any explanation on what it does or is supposed to do. KB notes have various infos on possible errors and I just got Error Code 0x847694d4.   I will follow the advise there to see if this fixes the error but at this point I don't see any explanation as to what this feature actually does.

This topic is about Endpoint but you wrote that you installed ESET Internet Security. A secure browser has been a part of EIS/ESSP as of v10 if I remember correctly so it's nothing new. I would recommend opening a ticket with your local ESET support since a Procmon log from launching the secure browser as well as ELC logs will be needed for perusal.

I have followed the installation advise and the error has been fixed. I am however still interested to learn what secure browser can do for me. As mentioned I upgraded from AV to IS and did not have this feature before and cannot find a good description of what it actually does or how it protects me. If this is the wrong board for this question, can you perhaps move it to where it belongs?

• Administrators

As per https://support.eset.com/en/how-to-use-eset-banking-and-payment-protection:

Banking & Payment protection ensures that all online transactions are protected in a trusted and secure environment.

The secure browser encrypts the communication between your keyboard and browser to provide additional security against keyloggers for banking transactions, credit card numbers, and other sensitive personal data.