Update won’t install

Ashmm

On my Mac desktop big slur OS, I got notified to update to 10....1 on east pro security for Mac. Downloaded the installer when I went thorough instructions got to install and then 3 secs got message saying installation stopped contact ur it department 

• Marcos locked and unlocked this topic

YOUR PACKAGE extractor IS BROKEN!!! FIX IT PlEASE and stop blaming users!!! 

I tried all the steps in your support document. I contacted support via chat and they blew me off! AND I successfully reinstalled the previous version. I am not running BiG Sur I am running Catalina! I went above and beyond ran a find to remove any and all crumbs that the uninstaller left behind.

Yet I still get this:

Nov 30 16:46:04 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: Package Authoring Error: <background> has an unsupported MIME type: image/data
Nov 30 16:46:04 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: Package Authoring Error: <background_scaling> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
Nov 30 16:46:04 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: Package Authoring Error: <background_alignment> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
Nov 30 16:46:04 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: Package Authoring Error: <layout-direction> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
Nov 30 16:46:27 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 installd[804]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Nov 30 16:46:32 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 installd[804]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Installer.pkg”." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Installer.pkg”., NSFilePath=/Library/InstallerSandboxes/.PKInstallSandboxManager/D2E7ECCC-2FCF-43CA-8D00-C58C5306327D.activeSandbox/Root/Applications, NSURL=file:///tmp/ESET%20Cyber%20Security%20Pro/Resources/Installer.pkg#esetcybersecuritypro.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.eset.esetCyberSecurityPro.ESETCyberSecurityPro.pkg, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fae032e3900 {Error Domain=PKXARArchiveErrorDomain Code=101 "archive verify failed" UserInfo={NSURL=file:///tmp/ESET%20Cyber%20Security%20Pro/Resources/Installer.pkg#esetcybersecuritypro.pkg/Payload, NSFileOwnerAccountID=501, NSFileHFSTypeCode=0, NSFileSystemFileNumber=23, NSFileExtensionHidden=false, NSFileSystemNumber=16777226, NSFileSize=151425600, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountID=20, NSFileHFSCreatorCode=0, NSFileOwnerAccountName=lerici, NSFilePosixPermissions=420, NSFileCreationDate=2020-11-23 21:29:41 +0000, NSFileType=NSFileTypeRegular, NSFileGroupOwnerAccountName=staff, NSFileReferenceCount=1, NSFileModificationDate=2020-11-23 21:29:41 +0000, NSLocalizedDescription=archive verify failed}}} {
        NSFilePath = "/Library/InstallerSandboxes/.PKInstallSandboxManager/D2E7ECCC-2FCF-43CA-8D00-C58C5306327D.activeSandbox/Root/Applications";
        NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cInstaller.pkg\U201d.";
        NSURL = "file:///tmp/ESET%20Cyber%20Security%20Pro/Resources/Installer.pkg#esetcybersecuritypro.pkg";
        NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=PKXARArchiveErrorDomain Code=101 \"archive verify failed\" UserInfo={NSURL=file:///tmp/ESET%20Cyber%20Security%20Pro/Resources/Installer.pkg#esetcybersecuritypro.pkg/Payload, NSFileOwnerAccountID=501, NSFileHFSTypeCode=0, NSFileSystemFileNumber=23, NSFileExtensionHidden=false, NSF
Nov 30 16:46:32 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Nov 30 16:46:32 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Nov 30 16:46:32 Peters-MacBook-Pro-7 Installer[38833]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

FIX IT PLEASE!!!

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, StevieGee said:

Yes, the problems persists after reboot.  I'm seeing this issue too.

Isn't an older version of ECS already installed and it's a fresh install of ECS which is failing?

OK, this worked.

Note that ECS gave me an error on the new re-install regarding giving permission to eset cyber security and eset real-time protection.  I had to specifically remove full disk access permission in Security and Privacy > Privacy, reboot, and then re-add the permission. 

Would it perhaps be a good idea to remove the automatic request to upgrade from eset until the install can be smoothed out?

Steve