Requested a full refund

I purchased ESET Smart Security Premium on Friday, November 13th, 2020 at 8:08 PM EDT for up to ten devices for one year. I visited the ESET support site for home users and I filled out the form to request a full refund. If I am correct, then there should be a thirty-day refund policy, correct? How long does it take to get a full refund from ESET North America? I bought this security software product directly from the ESET North America website. Thank you.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, wellywu said:

I purchased ESET Smart Security Premium on Friday, November 13th, 2020 at 8:08 PM EDT for up to ten devices for one year. I visited the ESET support site for home users and I filled out the form to request a full refund. If I am correct, then there should be a thirty-day refund policy, correct? How long does it take to get a full refund from ESET North America? I bought this security software product directly from the ESET North America website. Thank you.

Not sure myself but just wondering if there's a reason you changed your mind in using eset e.g. bugs, missing features etc. Eset support is generally pretty quick troubleshooting wise

I decided to go with Iolo's System Mechanic Ultimate Defense which is going to be less expensive in the long-term future. Version 21 is going to be released on December 21st, 2020 and it will be a major upgrade that is included with my annual subscription.

• Administrators

I would be cautious about using various registry/system optimizers. Moreover, the product you've mentioned doesn't seem to provide antivirus protection and it depends on the existing AV:

image.png

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Moreover, the product you've mentioned doesn't seem to provide antivirus protection and it depends on the existing AV

It uses the Cyren AMP engine and has an interface on par with a fakeav.

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, wellywu said:

I decided to go with Iolo's System Mechanic Ultimate Defense which is going to be less expensive in the long-term future. Version 21 is going to be released on December 21st, 2020 and it will be a major upgrade that is included with my annual subscription.

It looks like while this may be a good system utility if you don't mind the risks that come with this type of program, it's AV isn't as good.