How to Automatically Deploy Antivirus to PCs with Management Agent?

Pushing out the management agent via group policy is easy because it's an MSI, but is it possible to AUTOMATICALLY deploy the antivirus to PCs in the ESET Security Management Center without having to manually run a deployment task?

Thanks in advance,

• Administrators

You can create a dynamic group using an expression to match machines without the latest version of the security product. Next create a software install task with will install the latest version of Endpoint, select the previously created DG as target and use the "Joined dynamic group" trigger.

image.png

"Joined Dynamic Group Trigger" is not an option I see available (see screenshot below). According to this article (Triggers | ESET Remote Administrator | ESET Online Help), you have to have a Dynamic Group selected as the target, but I cannot select any group because when I do the "OK" button is greyed out. 

Target.thumb.JPG.de60aa507584ddd26dd94e0f35fe8163.JPGTrigger.thumb.JPG.c87a47cf4c08e50fd05fbd646bb9384a.JPG

• ESET Staff

Please note, that you have to use a "software install" task (which is a client task), to install Endpoint Antivirus / Security not a server task as it is executed on the "client side", by Agent.