ESET and SAP webpage

Niklas_TSI

Hi!

One of our customers who works with SAP in their browser gets some of its contents blocked. It would not help to set any excluding options so I had to turn off "Enable application protocol content filtering" which disables "Web access protection" and "Anti-Phishing protection". Anyone who got any tips how to just exclude this web page?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is a local web page but it uses SAP which is a big business platform. You can't see much on a screen shot, the only thing that happens is that some buttons are missing until I turn off the "Enable application protocol content filtering".

Hi again!

A different question, can I somehow turn off "Enable application protocol content filtering" for all the users through a policy in the ESET Security Management Center?

Thank you.

• Administrators

Disabling protocol filtering would be actually dangerous - access to websites hosting malware would not be blocked and clients could download fresh undetected malware from them, scam and phishing websites would be accessible by users, etc.

I'd rather recommend adding an exception for the necessary url or certificate in case of SSL communication as a temporary solution. If the issue is not resolved with the next version of the Internet protection module, further advanced protocol filtering logs will be required for perusal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If it doesn't work with Internet protection module 1419, please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced network protection and protocol filtering logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the adv. setup
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and open a ticket with your local ESET distributor.

• 1 month later...