MacBook Pro 13 M1-software keeps defaulting to MacBook Computer w/Intel Chip

When I try to complete the Cyber Security Pro download, I keep getting this default:

System requirements

Mac computer with an Intel processor

Processor architecture: Intel 64-bit

macOS: 10.12 - 11.0

Memory: 300 MB

Disk space: 200 MBB

The software did request I download Rosetta to continue with the download to M1. I did and this default came up.

Should I return the software?  

Please advise.

• 1 month later...

Although at least one person has confirmed that ESET runs through Rosetta 2 and thus is compatible with the M1 chip, there's still no version of ESET Cyber Security Pro that is fully compatible for installation and use on macOS 11.x. 👎

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, lllusion said:

Although at least one person has confirmed that ESET runs through Rosetta 2 and thus is compatible with the M1 chip, there's still no version of ESET Cyber Security Pro that is fully compatible for installation and use on macOS 11.x. 👎

A fully compatible version means an ARM64 version. Generally the offer of ARM64 antivirus programs is currently very limited. However, it's possible that ESET will have an ARM64 compatible products in the future.

And it was  VERY cheeky of ESET to change the full support date to March without changing the "Latest update" date. I've started looking for other options for myself, my clients and peers.