macOS 10.11.6 with Cybersecurity Pro 6.8.455 >> upgrade to macOS 10.15.7 : all OK?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I am currently running El Capitan (10.11.6) on my Mac (for reasons), with ESET Cybersecurity Pro 6.8.455. I am perfectly happy with it.

I am planning on upgrading to Catalina (10.15.7), and I am wondering 2 things:

1) According to the documentation I can find, ESET should still work after upgrading to Catalina, since I have ESET 6.8. -- Correct?

2) Once on Catalina I would like to upgrade ESET Cybersecurity Pro, but I am wondering if there could be a reason to upgrade to the last 6.9 version instead of 6.10? Is 6.10 built for Big Sur? If I don't want Big Sur (for the time being), is it not better for me to be on 6.9 ?

Thanks for your input

Edited by erratic

• Administrators

Well, it's up to you. We recommend installing the latest version but if an older version works well for you, you don't need to upgrade immediately. On the other hand, it's not good to keep an older version installed for too long, e.g. after it has reached EOL.

But what about question 1) ? Will ESET 6.8 work after upgrading to Catalina?

Also, is there any documentation about the functional differences between 6.9 and 6.10 ? Or is 6.10 only adding Big Sur compatibility?

• Administrators
  • Solution

Catalina was first supported by version 6.8.1.0 so yes, it should work. Should you run into some issues, it's important to upgrade to the latest version prior to contacting customer care.

Thank you Marcos. I'll keep that in mind.

Can you please point out where I can download the last 6.9 version of Cyber SecurityPro ? (I believe 6.9.60)

• 3 weeks later...