Eset Endpoint Antivirus 7.1.6.0 on Linux 20.10

hnksnr
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi there! we got an intresting problem in our infrastructure. We use ESMC Version 7.2 (7.2.2236.0) with windows and linux clients. Have one client with Linux 20.10 with 5.8.0-29-generic kernel and kernel header. it got a problem the "Real-time file system protection is non-functional"

in the log it has: 

ESET Endpoint Antivirus error: Error compiling on-access kernel modules

and:

SET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Cannot open file /lib/modules/5.8.0-26-generic/eset/eea/eset_rtp.ko: No such file or directory#012

as i see it want to use 5.8.0-26 kernel, 5.8.0-29 is too new to him, or 7.1.6.0 is not compatibility with Ubuntu 20.10?

i tried to re-deploy the Antivirus, nothing change.

i got a full log, if you need, let me know.

Thanks Marcos! 

Can we know when get it supported? if i remember correctly the 7.1.6.0 got 20.04 support. Does the next update have a chance to include it?

In advance thank you for your answer!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 7:47 AM, Marcos said:

Unfortunately Linux 20.10 is not supported. The latest supported version is 20.04 LTS.

You got 20.04 LTS working??, I have 6 PCs i cant get it to work on, any tips?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, robmorin said:

You got 20.04 LTS working??, I have 6 PCs i cant get it to work on, any tips?

I didn't find any tickets related to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Endpoint v7. Please collect logs as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb6159 and open a support ticket. If your local ESET distributor is unable to help, they should contact ESET HQ for assistance.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

I didn't find any tickets related to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Endpoint v7. Please collect logs as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb6159 and open a support ticket. If your local ESET distributor is unable to help, they should contact ESET HQ for assistance.

Ok so I bought Eset Endpoint Antivirus Protect cloud online from your website for $1600, no distributor is needed. You are my help. I have my logs where do i upload them, I have opened 4 tickets in the last 4 days with no response that is why I am in these forums!!

I am not going to fill out that useless form for the 5th time, I am attaching the logs to this post.

Please Advise.

HardentStrace.zip HardentLogs.zip

• 3 weeks later...