system tray icon changed today

dandano

Yesterday, I had the "e" icon that everyone else has had since v6, but today, the system tray icon has changed to a blue circle with an "i" the letter i in it.  At first I thought something was discplaying an info warning in the systray, but it is still NOD32.

Does anyone know what is going on?  I am running on Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit all patched.

edit: sorry, didn't realize that was the warning for system updates.  i miss the old icon and the color changes.

Edited by dandano

• Administrators

If you go to the Home screen, you'll probably see the message that your operating system is not up to date which is what usually causes the icon to change to "i".

FWIW. If you want to turn them off.

How do I disable Windows update notifications in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3192&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1402520896195

Yes some like the new look and some don't. Personally I didn't like it first to be honest. 

But now I actually like it even more than the previous one. It's just an icon after all. :)

FWIW. If you want to turn them off.

How do I disable Windows update notifications in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus?[/size]

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3192&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1402520896195

Yes some like the new look and some don't. Personally I didn't like it first to be honest. 

But now I actually like it even more than the previous one. It's just an icon after all. :)

It's about time.... ;)