Something needs to be done about these "edit conflicts"

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I don't have the kind of time to waste after I've spent a while editing firewall rules to lose them all to these mysterious "conflicts." The best part is when I finally give up and exit, and then it asks me again, are you SURE you want to exit without saving?? No, I am very sure I do NOT!!

• Administrators
  • Solution

This happens when you use interactive mode, edit existing rules and at the same time create new rules via the interactive window. Solution: temporarily switch to automatic mode before editing rules or avoid creating new rules via the interactive window when editing rules.

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

This happens when you use interactive mode, edit existing rules and at the same time create new rules via the interactive window. Solution: temporarily switch to automatic mode before editing rules or avoid creating new rules via the interactive window when editing rules.

Thanks for the info. I was a bit heated at the time because of losing all my rules, so sorry if I came across as rude. I have to go in and delete rules from time to time for apps that don't seem to work with the AMD, otherwise I get a huge list of defunct rules.