Program components updated?

I just got a message after reboot that program modules were updated or something like that

1) The version is still the same which is: 7.0.317.4

2) Where do I see the log or changes or fixes or change log of these updates?

• Administrators

No program component update has been released for a long time. Probably only one of the modules was updated.

I think depending on what level you got for notifications you can see a message sometimes for module updates as well, I have mine set so I don't see them.

No program component update has been released for a long time. Probably only one of the modules was updated.

I see, I guess that's what I saw but no more details...

I was even surprised to be4 honest since we only got an update to NOD32 recently.

Glad the guys at ESET are working hard to improve the product though.

I hope one day they can make it leaner and faster like in the old days

I think depending on what level you got for notifications you can see a message sometimes for module updates as well, I have mine set so I don't see them.

Where can I set this level? I don't know that I can change the level for updates for program components.

No, I don't want the ESET stuff looking weather my ESET version is up to date.

depending on what level you got for notifications (...), I have mine set so I don't see them.

He says there is a possibility to change the level for notifications (about updates for program components). Just the simple question: Where can I set this level (in the settings of ESET)?

• Administrators

The way program component updates (PCUs) are performed can be set in the advanced update setup. However, we rarely release a new PCU and usually the user has to check for a newer version by clicking the appropriate link in gui.

I checked my component versions and found some of them updated after last version was installed:

Antivirus and antispyware module: 1427 (20140527)

Archive support forum: 1203 (20140528)

Cleaner module: 1094 (20140530)

HIPS support module: 1131 (20140602)

Internet protection module: 1130 (20140605)

All this modules were installed after my last AV installation, which was performed on 20140520.

I have my Update advanced settings set to Ask me before downloading program components. I did not get any notification or ask for permission when update happened. How can I set up those settings to get notification?

@hqsec 

These are the modules and they are not seen as "components" afaik, so a PCU update is something else I think.

These modules get updated often, the "RRM" module several times a day, and the "Advanced anti-spam" module usually get's updates several times a week, and yes all the other ones as well of course when needed. So there's no need to give them permission/ask you everytime they get updated as they are vital to the product, IMO this needs to work automatically.

@rugk

It was during the V4 era that I once saw a "the modules have been updated" message, but I felt that I didn't need to see this message again since I know that they are getting updates very often, so I changed the level somewhere in the product and the message stopped. 

I am not 100% sure but maybe this setting has something to do with it.

From the main GUI->press F5 on your keyboard->User Interface->Alerts and notifications-> advanced setup(bottom)->Minimum verbosity of events to display->Mine is set to Informative.

I don't remember but I think the default is "Diagnostic" so I changed it to "Informative"

If that is not it then I don't really know what it could be, sorry. :)

Unless the "module update message" is connected to the "Do not display notification about successful update" wich I have ticked = I don't see the popup bubble for the VSD updates. But I don't think they are connected.

Edited by SweX

@SweX

Thank you for your answer. I was a little confused because in About section they are described as Components and not Modules...

P.S.: default setting for logging is set to Informative level.

I never get this events logged. Dou you have your log file settings set to Diagnostic verbosity?

@SweX

Thank you for your answer. I was a little confused because in About section they are described as Components and not Modules...

P.S.: default setting for logging is set to Informative level.

Thank you too  :)

Personally, I have changed my logging verbosity to "Warnings" as I don't want unnecessary logging, if I want to see when the modules were updated I just go to the About window and check the date it works just as good for me.

Edited by SweX