UPS prevents virus database update

I use a UPS out of necessity. The virus database update will not update automatically because it interprets my UPS as my system is running on a battery as per the set up advice. Any suggestions how to overcome this and don't suggest turning off the UPS. Regards

I may have solved the problem I won't know completely for 24 hrs. This is what I have done. In Tools/Sheduler I've unchecked Automatic startup file check successful update of virus  signature database and Automatic startup user logon  both reference battery usage. When I took that action and rebooted the virus signature updated correctly 

I haven't solved the problem. I updated Eset Smart Security manually to 7.0.317.4  on the following systems which constitutes a home wifi setup using my own Netgear R6300 router and Netgear CG3000 cable gateway provided by my ISP (a) a win 8.1 Pro 64 bit pc (b) Win7 32bit pc. A wIn7 HP 64 bit laptop is part of the wifi set up from time to time. Eset Smart Security is set to default on all computers. The Win 8.1 PC behaves correctly it updates the virus data base on bootup and at intervals during usage. The win7 32bit pc does not update the virus data base on bootup nor does it update the data base during the 14 hrs it runs daily. It did prior to the 7.0.317.4 update. I have to manually update with some problems I have to retry a number of times before a successful download because a message informs me the data base is up to date when in fact I know it isn't from checking the Threatsense page. Its a similar problem with the laptop again I didn't have this problem before the upgrade.  The obvious answer, I thought to the problem, was I use a UPS and there are actions that occur with ESET if it detects a system running on batteries, the power usage set up I use in Windows takes UPS usage into account. I didn't have any of these problems before the upgrade I've been using a UPS for 10 yrs plus and ESET for at least 15 yrs. Anybody any ideas. Regards 

This what I have done since last logging on. With both the laptop and win7 pc. Clicked on the  ESET icon in the bottom tray. Moved the curser to the display anywhere will do. Then hit F5. Expand update on the menu by clicking on it. Click on settings. Then advanced update setup button.Then http proxy button. I found the use  global proxy server setting had been activated I deactivated that by activating Do not use proxy server.  I checked both systems over a few days.  It took a few days for both to update the virus data base on bootup and during the time they were running, they check for updates at approx one hour intervals. The only other check I have done is manually flush the dns cache the system should do this automatically on a reboot. Both systems have been behaving for two days so hopefully I have cured the problem.  I even renewed the license on this pc for another 2 years. Regards