Licensing for home lab of 20-30 devices, no reasonable licensing option?

Hey,

I've been using Eset for over 10 years so you could say I am a loyal customer.

I've been struggling with the Eset licensing model for a couple of years now.

I have about 20-30 devices, home PCs, gaming PCs and laptops, Windows 10 virtual machines, etc. in my home lab which I do as a hobby (I work in IT and love it).

I've been trying to stretch two 5 device (which was the limit until recently) licenses over all of these devices unsuccessfully.

My licenses keep getting deactivated (marked as leaked) and it's becoming a frustrating task just to manage Eset.

As far as I can see, I have two options now?

• I buy three 10 license Smart Security Premium (or Home office protection) licenses for £284.97 ($374.95)
  • I buy one 30 device business security license for £712.80 ($937.87)

As far as I'm aware, these are literally my only options if I want more than just anti-virus for my 20-30 devices.

What the heck is going on with the Eset licensing model?

It's that bad that me, a loyal customer, is now looking at what the competition has to offer and it honestly looks much cheaper (£79.99 / $105 for what I need) and has very similar functionality.

Has anyone been in a similar situation or has any advice offer, other than "just go to the competition"?

I love Eset and I'm look for a viable option but I'm getting ready to jump ship.

Edited by DanW

• DanW changed the title to Licensing for home lab of 20-30 devices, no reasonable licensing option?
  • Administrators

I would strongly recommend talking to your local ESET reseller regarding licensing since prices and product packages may change from country to country.