upload quarantined file

Go to solution Solved by Chanklish,

hello

i have a quarantined file i am trying to restore , the restore option is greyed out but the upload is active

I used several shared folders in this model : \\192.168.1.1\sharedfolder and used the administrator account and pass ( domain\administrator ) but it keeps failing 

i even trying shared folders without any credentials on my nas , same .. I dont know what is the error as nothing shows in the log

what to do ?!

Try the "Restore to" option; assuming it's available, to copy the file to wherever. Then manually move the file to the admin share you desire.

Note that if the file is not excluded from real-time scanning by Detection name prior to restoration, Eset will just quarantine the restored file when you attempt to access the file in any way. As such, exclusion by file hash value would be a better exclusion method.

12 hours ago, itman said:

Try the "Restore to" option; assuming it's available, to copy the file to wherever. Then manually move the file to the admin share you desire.

Note that if the file is not excluded from real-time scanning by Detection name prior to restoration, Eset will just quarantine the restored file when you attempt to access the file in any way. As such, exclusion by file hash value would be a better exclusion method.

there is no restore to , the only 2 options are : delete and upload

12 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide the detection name as well as the original location of the quarantined file.

it is a regular pdf that the user quarantined by mistake

there is no detection name and the location is a shared folder : \\192.168.1.1\sharedfolder

• Administrators

I've tried it myself (so far only the Restore option):
1, Manually quarantined undetected file on a client.
2, In ESMC opened client details -> Quarantine
3, Clicked the desired file and selected Restore:

image.png

4. A task was scheduled. After the client connected to the ESMC server, the task was executed and the file was restored on the client.

56 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've tried it myself (so far only the Restore option):

Try restoring to a file share reference by IP address. Believe that is where the issue lies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

all this did not work 

the file was quarantined from the user's computer but it was located on another computer shared folder

no restore , only upload ... and nothing worked