Eset Internet security Firewall

Hello ESET Technical stuff, I'm using Eset Internet Security with payed license on my computer with Win 7 and I recently discovered that some parts of the Firewall settings are missing.

When I open the Firewall settings and go to: Allowed services and advanced options, under the allowed services: Allow Metro applications setting is missing and under the Intrusion detection: the Allow response to ARP requests from outside the Trusted zone and DNS Poisoning attack detection setting is missing, and under the Packet inspection: Check TCP connection status, Maintain inactive TCP connections, TCP protocol overload detection, ICMP protocol message checking, Covert data in ICMP protocol detection setting are missing.

Please look at the attached print screens!

I didn't change any settings in the programme by myself, so my question is if that change was made by ESET and is part of any recent update of the programme during  past year or so?

Please let me know if those changes were made by some past updates of the programme and everything is OK with my programme and if not what is the reason for that change and what can I do to fix this problem.

thank you in advance with best regards MT

image.thumb.png.f7f1c08682e0279c7199854764e5b2f8.png

image.thumb.png.de395b4c1a4609757b65739c958e4ff1.png

image.thumb.png.4d1f73ac1fbc86588d00e2a87490e2d1.png

3 hours ago, PPMT said:

Hello ESET Technical stuff, I'm using Eset Internet Security with payed license on my computer with Win 7 and I recently discovered that some parts of the Firewall settings are missing.

When I open the Firewall settings and go to: Allowed services and advanced options, under the allowed services: Allow Metro applications setting is missing and under the Intrusion detection: the Allow response to ARP requests from outside the Trusted zone and DNS Poisoning attack detection setting is missing, and under the Packet inspection: Check TCP connection status, Maintain inactive TCP connections, TCP protocol overload detection, ICMP protocol message checking, Covert data in ICMP protocol detection setting are missing.

Please look at the attached print screens!

I didn't change any settings in the programme by myself, so my question is if that change was made by ESET and is part of any recent update of the programme during  past year or so?

Please let me know if those changes were made by some past updates of the programme and everything is OK with my programme and if not what is the reason for that change and what can I do to fix this problem.

thank you in advance with best regards MT

image.thumb.png.f7f1c08682e0279c7199854764e5b2f8.png

image.thumb.png.de395b4c1a4609757b65739c958e4ff1.png

image.thumb.png.4d1f73ac1fbc86588d00e2a87490e2d1.png

Hello again, I'm still waiting for any answer to my recent post about Firewall. I'm kindly asking for help and answer, thank you in advance MT

• Administrators

For instance, Metro applications do not exist on Windows 7, hence the option is missing.  The others options were already removed so they don't appear in the setup any more.

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

For instance, Metro applications do not exist on Windows 7, hence the option is missing.  The others options were already removed so they don't appear in the setup any more.

Thank you for your answer, I'm glad that there is nothing wrong with the programme. Have a good day, with best regards MT