ESET Endpoint Security macOS 6.10.300.1 firewall blocking web browsers

Martin25B93

Hi. I have this interesting issue. I upgraded on all macs ESET to version 6.10.300.1. On two computers I discovered this strange behaviour. If user want to open some website everything is block in browser. In firewall I have allow all local subnet communication. Other applications which need to communicate out or in are working - Skype, Mail, Team Viewer, etc. So this issue is only related to web browsers. 

I created on that two computers special rule for Chrome, Safari and nothing it didn't help. I tried interactive mode and nothing is blocked :D 

One user reported this - after macOS restart everything were unblocked and worked. After wake up mac from sleep mode was again Safari, Chrome blocked. 

Can be some bug in 6.10.300.1 version of Endpoint for OS X? If I turn off firewall via ESMC everything is working OK. There must be some issue with firewall in ESET on macOS. 

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Martin25B93,

in case the connections are being blocked by the firewall, enable the logging of the blocked connections and check the log what got blocked.

Or you may try first to perform a clean installation to see, if that resolves the issue.

Peter