endpoint version 8

persianmcse

The first question is when the ٍEndpoint version 8 will be ready ?

And is this version ( endpoint version 8 )  installable for Windows 7  clients?
Can version 7.3 be installed on Windows 7 client?

• Administrators

Endpoint 8 should be released in Q4/2020, an exact date is to be announced.

Current Endpoint 7.3 works on Windows 7 SP1 with support for SHA-2 code signing and so will v8 .

• 1 month later...

It's out now. I was in the process of updating all of our workstations to 7.3.2044 and now all of a sudden this morning, 7.3 has been replaced by 8.0. I sure wish ESET would let us choose which version we want to install when we click the "Update ESET Products" button. At least leave the latest version and one version prior to that. I think we're all smart enough to know the difference and can make that decision for ourselves. I had to create an installation task to finish my rollout instead of being able to click the update button.

• ESET Staff

Hello, the task itself is indeed set to install the "latest" available version. However, even as of now, you can still create a custom software install task, to install the previous endpoint version. 

Maybe something interesting regarding the secure browser feature: Trojan's with implemented Keylogger Function like the QuasarRAT can still record input from eset's secured browser window. - or maybe i misunderstand this function and its only protecting against hardware keyloggers?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Kostadin_k said:

Where I can find release notes/change log for Endpoint Security 8 and ESMC 8? 

For Endpoint v8 you can find a changelog on the download page or here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/26629-eset-endpoint-products-for-windows-version-802028-have-been-released/

ESET PROTECT and ESET PROTECT Cloud are to be officially released later today. At that time a changelog will be available on the standard channels (ESET's website, forum, etc.).

On 12/9/2020 at 3:06 AM, MichalJ said:

Hello, the task itself is indeed set to install the "latest" available version. However, even as of now, you can still create a custom software install task, to install the previous endpoint version. 

Where is this configured?  Is this a setting inside the DEM?  When creating a new deployment package I don't see any options other than "version 6" or "install latest version".  Having version 8 suddenly installing is problematic.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Logarythmic said:

Where is this configured?  Is this a setting inside the DEM?  When creating a new deployment package I don't see any options other than "version 6" or "install latest version".  Having version 8 suddenly installing is problematic.

When creating an AiO installer, you can select an older version of Endpoint. However, I don't recommend installing anything older than v7.3 which is the oldest compatible with upcoming Windows 10 updates:

image.png

Thanks Marcos, I see where it is configured now.  We'll need to change the deployment method to using a script instead of the DEM plugin until we are actually ready to use version 8.  

Hi Marcos,

Do you know if there is an update in place for the Connectwise Automate DEM plugin?  Now that the DEM plugin is installing v8 instead of V7 none of my new installs will activate against DEM or the old ERA and this is turning into a huge problem for us.

Thank you. 

• Administrators

According to the information from developers, the current plug-in should have no issues with activating Endpoint v8, therefore I'd recommend opening a ticket with your local ESET support for further troubleshooting. We have submitted a new version of the plug-in to ConnectWise which is preliminary planned to be released on Dec 23.