Device Control

Hesamedin
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi everybody

I have problem with Device Control, I can't manage it! In fact I do it but it doesn't work! I read all of website tutorial about it and done all of them step by step, but I couldn't block my USB! Please help me about that and how can I write that policy.

with regards

• Administrators
  • Solution

I have problem with Device Control, I can't manage it! In fact I do it but it doesn't work! I read all of website tutorial about it and done all of them step by step, but I couldn't block my USB! Please help me about that and how can I write that policy.

Hello,

on one hand, you have posted to the NOD32 Antivirus forum for home users but on the other hand you mentioned a policy which is applied to Endpoint / Business products. Please clarify what product you're referring to.

If you want to block a thumb drive, you can connect the drive to a computer running ESET Configuration Editor and populate the settings with parameters of the connected thumb drive. Alternatively you can create an allowing or blocking rule, enable logging for the rule and connect the drive. In the Device control log, you will see parameters of the drive that you can use for creating a Device control rule.

Hello,

I did All of setting in my Console and Endpoint/Business and just now have a problem with my Log!!!!

When I plug my USB storage to my computer, Endpoint dont register any Log in Log section, Device control!!!

just a blank page there, I know it relates to my Log setting, but I did setting in Tools/Log Files/ Informative and dont know How can I enable my Log File and how to find "Vendor", "Model" and "Serial number" in  my blank Log.

What should I do?