New password manager extension for firefox.

The new password manager extension for firefox will not let me log in, it says my username or password is invalid. To be sure I did reset my password. That didn't help.

Things to know:

I had the older version installed before this one.

When the problem occurred I sent an email to eset support regarding the issue. They told me to use eset chat support.

I contacted eset chat support. The representative wanted to access my computer remotely to which I agreed. He first removed the extension and the added it again. Then told me to login, which I was unable to do. Then the representative (Mauricio P.) wanted to restart my computer, to which I ended the session. I know what you're thinking. "You only let him try one option!"

That one option happened to take 45 minutes to accomplish, and I restart my pc everyday. I don't like eset customer support. I have been a customer for many years and have had issues with software in the past. My experiences have never been pleasant. And for the record, why did the representative need remote access to my pc just to try those two things?

To the issue at hand, does anyone have any ideas that might help me to log in?

support_chat_transcript_382483797232469897b531f81bcaf3be.txt

• Administrators

After consulting the issue with a colleague I would recommend to:
- uninstall v14 and temporarily install v13 per https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885 (in the advanced update setup you can temporarily disable program updates)
- export passwords as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb7586
- contact ESET support with a request to reset your password store; ESET LLC should forward the request to ESET HQ
- after resetting the password store, upgrade to v14
- import passwords.