Internet Security showing two Security Alerts that won't go away

Go to solution Solved by Penrynian,

Seems to have happened since the program updated to 14.0.22.0

Computer restart required pops up in red typeface - 5 resets later nothing has changed.

Also in red is "Real-time file system protection is non-functional.  If I go into Setup menu the 1st item - Computer protection - is red and the real time file system protection button doesn't respond when I try to move it.

Why is this happening?  I don't touch the program more than once a year at most, it normally just works away in the background, so this is irritating and worrying.

Is my PC vulnerable while ESET IS is in this state?

eset 2.JPG

• Most Valued Members
13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you restart the machine by clicking the "Restart computer" link?

I think I mentioned it somewhere but would be handy if a normal restart would also finalise the updates but not sure if this is possible 

"5 resets later nothing has changed"

I clicked the reset PC button 5 times, and did a complete shutdown 2 or 3 times.

Edited by Penrynian

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Penrynian said:

"5 resets later nothing has changed"

I clicked the reset PC button 5 times, and did a complete shutdown 2 or 3 times.

As in restart button in eset or the start menu restart button

• Administrators

When the message to restart the machine shows up, please carry on as follows:
- in the advanced setup, navigate to Tools -> Diagnostics and click the Create button to generate a dump of ekrn
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generate zip file here. If too big, upload it to a safe location and provide me with a download link in a private message.

Thanks for your help with this guys,

I used the Restart button within the GUI and via the Windows Start button, same result.

The “problem PC” is a Dell Optiplex on Win 10 Pro, I will try the Shutdown -r -t 0 when I get back around lunchtime.

I am away from base this morning, using a different PC, a Dell Inspiron laptop which is still on V13.2.18.0 and doesn’t display a problem.  I think I‘ll leave it that way for a wee while until the Optiplex situation is sorted.

Update later ….

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

When the message to restart the machine shows up, please carry on as follows:
- in the advanced setup, navigate to Tools -> Diagnostics and click the Create button to generate a dump of ekrn
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generate zip file here. If too big, upload it to a safe location and provide me with a download link in a private message.

2 x ekrn.dmp files generated in my dropbox, link PM'd to Marcos

• Solution

On the advice of tech support, the program was uninstalled then reinstalled, all good now.

It seems the automatic install process didn't work as it should, and reinstallation did the trick.

• Administrators

If you are still experiencing the issue, does it persist if you temporarily disable real-time protection in the advanced setup and reboot the machine?

Does it occur after re-enabling real-time protection and rebooting the machine?