Recovery of password manager account.

Hello.
I have a problem with the new upgrade of password manager. In particular, I can not figure out how to us this tool in my pc. Instructions provided in this link didn't help me. What is this "24-digit recovery key" being asked and where can I find it? 

11 minutes ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Vilket Namn,

the recovery key is present in the beginning of the migration process when you log in by means of the new extension.

It case be saved as a pdf or copied to a safe storage.

Peter

I am pretty sure I was not presented with this information when I set up the new extension 😕 Is there any other way of getting the key?

Same problem here. I cannot login into upgraded version of password manager using old credentials (which still work on the other device where I did not perform an upgrade). I tried to reset a password, but it asks a recovery key which i never received during initial registration. 

Another issue arose from the importing database from the V2 to V3 (imported file is .xml). Upgraded version is not combining multiple logins, so if you have 2+ logins on website, you will have to input additional logins manually, then assign this website as unique. Which makes the whole process time consuming. This issue is not arising when you simply login into pass manager under your old credentials.

Customer support could not help me and said they will forward that issue to the developers.

I hope someone got this issue resolved and has a solution.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the recovery key is generated locally in the browser.

For security reasons no one else has access to it, you can navigate to the settings, change the password and new recovery key will be generated for you.

Peter

5 hours ago, Spyreto88 said:

Where did you find the recovery key? Please help. I cannot find it

You have to download password manager extension on your browser. The new one. Then, simply open the extension and select "I forgot my password". I think this is the way I did it.

• Most Valued Members
On 11/5/2020 at 10:21 PM, HPK said:

But where is the recovery key? I know where to type it, but where is the recovery key?

I think normally when you create your account for the first time it'll give you a recovery key to copy down. I had to create a new account because I had lost where I'd put it

33 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I think normally when you create your account for the first time it'll give you a recovery key to copy down. I had to create a new account because I had lost where I'd put it

I think this is the way I did it as well. You are possibly right.

Edited by Vilket Namn

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Vilket Namn said:

I think this is the way I did it as well. You are possibly right.

Do you know your password or have you forgotten it? My issue was I forgot my password but the security key i belive is only there for if you forget your master password