Cannot Remove ERA6 Agent Automatically

Just like I did 4 years ago I'm having trouble removing the Agent (~6.5) using SCCM and I can't just wipe all the computers like I did 4 years ago either, I need an actual solution to this frustrating problem that continues to suck the life from me. Please don't recommend the AV Uninstaller tool that requires safe mode, I need to automate this at scale using SCCM.

ESET Endpoint Security 6.6 - 6.7 can be removed using an Uninstall Task from ERA6. The applied Agent Policy has "Password protected setup" not set" The applied Endpoint Security Policy has "Password protected settings" disabled and "Set Password" not set, for both <6.x and >7.0.

The following don't work:

1. SCCM Uninstall Step for Deployment Type
    1. As SYSTEM: msiexec /x {41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4} /q
  2. As Local Administrator: msiexec /x {41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4}
    1. No error code
  3. As Local Administrator: msiexec /x {41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4} /q /lvx* "C:\ProgramData\ESET\Uninstall.log"
    1. No error code
    2. Application remains listed as installed even after reboot.
  4. "Stop Managing (Uninstall ERA Agent)" Task from ERA6
    1. Failure listed in ERA6, not further information

The following does work:

1. Manually uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (No Password)

I've tested these scenarios, and combinations there of, on a number of systems now.

Based on the Uninstall.log produced from above, it deletes the C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\ directory tree after an initial complaint that a number of binary files in C:\Program Files\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\ are being held in use by ERAAgent process, I'm assuming the service was still running at that point before it was stopped by the StopServices action. The C:\Program Files\ESET\ directory tree is removed by the end of the entire process and the log states "Product: ESET Remote Administrator Agent -- Removal completed successfully.",, "Windows Installer removed the product. Product Name: ESET Remote Administrator Agent." with an error code of 0 but the product isn't removed from the system program list, it still appears installed. Attempts to uninstall it again fail because the Configuration database is missing from C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\

What do I do here?

Attempting to install Agent 7.2.1266.0 will clean up a malfunctioning ERA Agent 6 install, running the Agent 7.2.1266.0 setup again afterwards will lead to a successful Agent 7.2.1266.0 installation.

We also get situations where "Stop Managing (Uninstall ERA Agent)" Task from ERA6 seems to remove it (Task remains as "running" in ERA6) but it's still listed as installed, even after reboot, just like the other methods.