Security issues in password manager V2 ?!

"A new version of Password Manager is available

Due to security reasons, Password Manager 2.x is no longer supported. Click here for instructions to upgrade Password Manager to the latest version (for mobile devices or extensions)."

This is from the ESET KB7586 (https://support.eset.com/en/kb7586-export-your-passwords-and-other-data-from-eset-password-manager).

What are these "security reasons" with the password manager V2?
I have not found any information released by ESET ?!?

I mean, I have not found any information about the security reasons why V2 has no support anymore.
Is there security issues in V2 or what ESET means with "security reasons"?

1 hour ago, TPE said:

For somewhat obvious reasons, Eset is not going to publicly state what the security reasons are so the can be exploited.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, TPE said:

I mean, I have not found any information about the security reasons why V2 has no support anymore.

One thing that the new version has that I've been mentioning for a while is it will warn you if sites you have stored passwords with are involved in data breaches. This to me is crucial security wise with many sites getting hacked each year and the potetional of passwords being stolen/sold. It doesn't help that the majority of people reuse passwords to

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 3:22 AM, peteyt said:

One thing that the new version has that I've been mentioning for a while is it will warn you if sites you have stored passwords with are involved in data breaches. This to me is crucial security wise with many sites getting hacked each year and the potetional of passwords being stolen/sold. It doesn't help that the majority of people reuse passwords to

So the V2 product itself is safe to use but V3 version has new security features to check if you account has been involved on data breach.

To me it seems to be totally different product if you look V2 vs V3.
If i want to stay using "V2" I guess I have to buy Sticky Password software which it was based on?

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, TPE said:

So the V2 product itself is safe to use but V3 version has new security features to check if you account has been involved on data breach.

To me it seems to be totally different product if you look V2 vs V3.
If i want to stay using "V2" I guess I have to buy Sticky Password software which it was based on?

Basically they have went with another company (I know who just from the design but not sure if this is public knowledge so won't say). 

The main 2 differences with the new version is that its addons and apps only so you can't use it directly inside eset Internet security premium and the warning about data breaches. I do belive the virtual keyboard option has also gone.

It really depends on the user. I mean what is missing from this new version for you? I know there's been some issues but they have been fixing those