ESET IS notifies of changes in EGUI.EXE

• Most Valued Members

I presume you have the modification setting enabled for firewall and eset updated. Have you updated eset recently e.g. to version 14

53 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I presume you have the modification setting enabled for firewall and eset updated. Have you updated eset recently e.g. to version 14

Yes, a few days ago and got no notification at that time. It popped up this morning.

• Administrators

Trusted processes with a valid digital signature are excluded from modification detection by default. Perhaps you disabled this option:

image.png

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

Trusted processes with a valid digital signature are excluded from modification detection by default. Perhaps you disabled this option:

image.png

Hi Marcos, thanks for the insight. It looks all good and fine there and very few apps excluded from the list too. I never exclude key programs from the detection. This means AV software comes first in line, then productivity suites (Office 365 comes to mind), then connectivity (browsers and connections) and the rest, including multimedia etc. It just popped up and it was the first time. It did not help that the pop up message was showing something similar to EQUI.EXE rather than EGUI.EXE due to the fact that the text box did not show the final part of the letter "g".

ESET.jpg

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, PassingBy said:

Hi Marcos, thanks for the insight. It looks all good and fine there and very few apps excluded from the list too. I never  did not show the final part of the letter "g".

actually it's the font used by the app that shows the "g" kinda weird. if you look the word "Program" the "g" looks the same.

17 hours ago, shocked said:

actually it's the font used by the app that shows the "g" kinda weird. if you look the word "Program" the "g" looks the same.

Correct