Possible Latest ESET SS crashing PC

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is coincident, but ever since I installed new update 14.0.21 my windows 10 Pro crashing  with BSOD while on YouTube, this never happen prior to update.

I'm on latest windows update 2004.19041.572

Have anyone experience similar issue

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with ESET. It just started crashing BSOD the other day when I updated ESET, so it could be coincident.

Just a minutes ago I reloaded my windows to earlier ISO which I always create before any update and still crashed, but here is the thing, It crashes only when I open Firefox, especially YouTube.

I was watching video and all of the suddenly BSOD so when I restarted PC upon starting FF  PC crashed again, up to yesterday everything was running perfectly fine.

Now I'm testing Edge browser and PC it’s not crashing, I don’t know if this is software or hardware issue, although I just installed new Seasonic 1300W Prime Platinum PSU and I’m wondering about that.

• Administrators

You can either provide a kernel or complete memory dump to determine the root cause of BSOD or temporarily uninstall ESET and see if BSOD still occurs.

My apologies for the late response, but to let you know it was the PSU that was dying. Coincidentally, the same day I have updated ESET I have also replaced new PSU that unfortunately was defective.

Thank you

Edited by URBAN0

Update:

I knew my PSU was dying, it was obvious so I replaced it I honestly thought It was the PSU alone causing the constant BSOD's, but I was wrong.

I was on a desktop for a good few hours and everything was working fine, but I realized that I was still on ESET IS 13.2.18 so I decided to update and right after reboot I was again presented with BSOD, It wouldn't even let me get to a desktop.

I reinstalled it back to the older ESET IS 13.2.18 and no BSODs, so it is the latest version 14 that is problematic.

I'm still not sure if its software or hardware related as I have reinstalled to older version of ESET, yet got another BSOD. I'm going to run some tests and will report back. I have slight doubt its ESET, but lets see.

Thank you

• Administrators

Please configure Windows to generate complete or active memory dumps as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb380. When a crash occurs, compress the dump, upload it to a safe location along with logs collected with ESET Log Collector and drop me a private message with download links. The dump should reveal the root cause of the crash.

I’ve updated ESET to latest  on another PC (win7)  and this was never the issue before, but while I was reading on how to generate dump file on that win 7 PC that I just updated  it BSOD on me so it seem to be related to ESET.

I will first generate dump file on my main PC that I initially spoke about getting BSOD after BSOD and upload somewhere and PM you, I might do that later today.

If this happens on this PC again I will do that as well, but do it one at the time.

I will drop that off sometimes today.

Thank you

Now I'm not sure what to think.

First of all, in my very first post I said ESET 14.0.21 and I'm not sure if it that's the version was or it was 14.0.22.0 and if there is any difference anyways, but that's what I have installed now since this morning and no BSOD, normally as soon as I would get on YouTube  it would one after another, it wouldn’t literally let me go to desktop

I have set my PC to create full dump file so if at any time it does happen I will send you the necessary files.

Although, as I said earlier this morning I was updating one of my sons windows 7 to the latest ESET IS and that was 14.0.22.0 and right after install and reboot it did BSOD with "Unrecoverable error" so it is something to do with ESET. Unfortunately because that is my sons school PC and all his assignments were  on it and he needed to submit them asap I had no choice but to reload ISO of earlier stage of that system which had earlier version of ESET and no BSOB since.

Now I'm worried to update his PC to the latest ESET.

I will keep eye on this now and as soon as anything come up I will upload full dump file with logs and PM you.

Is there possible issues related to BSOD’s that you guys are aware of now or suspecting that it happens maybe to specific systems?

Thank you

Edited by URBAN0

I don't see anyone else reporting such issue and I'm sure I would hear more complaining and since yesterday morning everything is running fine.

I can only presume that this could have been possibly bad update installation, maybe even something to do with my windows, and the fact that you never know what to expect from windows 10

This morning I have also updated 3 of my other systems and they are all good.

I have been using ESET for I think 2 years now without a single glitch, it works exceptionally well, so this hick up made me worried and on the top of that, the failing PSU I hit the panic mode.

For now It s all good and thank you

Stay safe 

Edited by URBAN0