Here are the Release Notes for New Version 14.0.21.0

MarcFL

Note:  Eset will notify you when this update is ready to be installed over the next few weeks.  I personally would stay on 13.2.18 and wouldn't update right away until any bugs are corrected. 

Edited by Marcos
Announcement removed

• Administrators

Please adhere to this forum rules that read:

• Do not pre-announce releases.  Due to differences in scheduling, it may sometimes take several hours after a release has appeared on ESET's web site for the release announcement to appear here in the forum.

We will post an announcement once we get approval to do so.

5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please adhere to this forum rules that read:

• Do not pre-announce releases.  Due to differences in scheduling, it may sometimes take several hours after a release has appeared on ESET's web site for the release announcement to appear here in the forum.

We will post an announcement once we get approval to do so.

Always seems backwards to me that users are given the opportunity to upgrade to a new version before they are able to consult a changelog.

• Most Valued Members
49 minutes ago, Page42 said:

Always seems backwards to me that users are given the opportunity to upgrade to a new version before they are able to consult a changelog.

The documentation for any general releases are available from the offline installer page on the Eset website.

Under the advanced options for each particular download

adv.jpg

1 hour ago, cyberhash said:

The documentation for any general releases are available from the offline installer page on the Eset website.

Also quite odd with this current 14.0.21 release is that it is loaded to the offline installers. This only normally occurs after the release has been officially posted in the forum.

1 hour ago, cyberhash said:

For as long as I can remember, and I've been running ESET NOD32 on my computers for 8 years, a new release has never been preceded by Release Notes.  Never. Always after the fact.

I find it odd that I can't post links to Eset's own website.  If it's on Eset's website, you should allow posts about it in the forum.  IMO, the forum rule illogical. 

Edited by MarcFL

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, MarcFL said:

I find it odd that I can't post links to Eset's own website.  If it's on Eset's website, you should allow posts about it in the forum.  IMO, the forum rule illogical.

perhaps that rule is in place due to the fact that a release might have an unknown bug that will cause serious issues and thus it must be pulled from the release channel and fix it.
so in that case the release notes will change, and creating multiple posts, deleting or editing existing ones to reflect the new and fixed issues, isn't too easy. (well it's very easy to edit posts, but a little bit time consuming)

• Administrators

There's a little quirk with the Scan your computer button. While it has been partially addressed via a module update, the issue can manifest under specific circumstances. This will be ultimately addressed in a newer build within the following days and then the new version will be announced.

• Most Valued Members
On 10/25/2020 at 7:41 AM, Marcos said:

There's a little quirk with the Scan your computer button. While it has been partially addressed via a module update, the issue can manifest under specific circumstances. This will be ultimately addressed in a newer build within the following days and then the new version will be announced.

I think I mentioned it in a previous post when another user complained the websites changelog was out of date but I was wondering if eset would consider including the changelog in the update.

This could be done two ways. You could include it when eset tells you a new version exists so users could see the changes before updating. Another option would be within the installer. I used to use MalwareBytes which did this.

That way even if the forum hasn't announced it yet users can see what is new