Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello ESET technical team

I'm using ESET Mobile Security full license for few years now It's installed on android device and few days ago the programme suddenly stopped updating virus definitions automatically. Before that trouble has appeared the programme updated several times a day and everything was working OK. My internet connection on the device is working flawlessly, I also tried to connect via wifi and there is not change the programme still doesn't want to update to the latest virus definitions. Till few days the programme was updating as soon as I turned on the internet connection on the device. Again I'm using paid license, also tried to reinstall the programme twice and the installation went trough well, on my eset.com also looks everything ok, but after reinstalling the Mobile Security the updates are still not working. Updates are only working if I'm using manual update, but the fact is that the programme should update automatically as soon as its detects the connection on the device is on. Are there any known issues with updates or any other troubles with that programme, I'm using the latest version of Mobile security.I bought the license at the official ESET retailer Si Splet Slovenia as I'm from Slovenia. Can you please help me to find a solution for that trouble?  

with best regards M.T

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please open a support ticket via the built-in form so that logs are submitted to customer care for perusal.

Hello, if I'm getting your advice right I have to open the built-in form in the Mobile security and fill it with info about the trouble?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PPMT said:

Hello, if I'm getting your advice right I have to open the built-in form in the Mobile security and fill it with info about the trouble?

I just did what you said so what are next steps? Who will help me to find the solution for that problem, thank you in advance M.T

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Marcos said:

A customer care representative should contact you soon.

Thank you for your answer but first thing when the trouble started was that I contacted customer support at SI Splet and they advised me to reinstall the programme which I did 2 times and than I called them back and they said that they dont know and thats about it so I decided to ask for help here. Can you maybe check in your data base if everything is ok with the license they sold me? I hope we can find the solution for that problem.

Thank you for your answer M. T.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

If there was a problem with your license, you wouldn't be able to update the modules manually either. The partner should contact ESET HQ for further troubleshooting if they run out of ideas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If there was a problem with your license, you wouldn't be able to update the modules manually either. The partner should contact ESET HQ for further troubleshooting if they run out of ideas.

Thank you for your answer but as I know one of differences between full license and trial is among other functions of course is that in premium or full license the programme should update automatically, so my Mobile security premium works like trial in terms of updates. I think it's nothing wrong if you check the license and I'm kindly asking you again for help with that trouble because clearly the partner will not contact ESET for further troubleshooting, I think you can find a solution for that problem.

thank you again with best regards M.T.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

You have an active license for ESET Mobile Security. Should you have a freemium version of EMS installed, you should be offered upgrade to the premium version. Please contact customer care via the built-in form so that logs from EMS are submitted as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 8:51 PM, Marcos said:

You have an active license for ESET Mobile Security. Should you have a freemium version of EMS installed, you should be offered upgrade to the premium version. Please contact customer care via the built-in form so that logs from EMS are submitted as well.

Hello again, I did what you said on Friday 23.10.2020, I contacted customer care via built-in form with logs from EMS, but unfortunately till now they didn't call me back like they said or contact me via email, I don't know where is the problem that customer care doesn't do anything about that matter. In any case I will inform you about that matter again. I know that I have active license for EMS I have payed for that license and I think I have the right to expect that things work without problems.

with best regards MT

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

While we do our best to respond home users within 24 hours (work days), it may be different with partners, depending on how many cases they are dealing with. At least you should have received a confirmation email that a ticket was created with its ID enclosed. It's possible that the Slovenian distributor provides also phone support, you can check www.eset.com/si for contact info in case you do not receive a response in a timely manner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Marcos said:

While we do our best to respond home users within 24 hours (work days), it may be different with partners, depending on how many cases they are dealing with. At least you should have received a confirmation email that a ticket was created with its ID enclosed. It's possible that the Slovenian distributor provides also phone support, you can check www.eset.com/si for contact info in case you do not receive a response in a timely manner.

Thank you for your answer I'm still waiting for reply from customer support at Si Splet, like you said I did receive the ticked with the ID but nothing else, as I wrote in one of my messages the first thing which I did was to call phone support and they said they dont know where the problem is and that they will call me back which they didn't. I guess I can only wait and hope for some answer.

thank you anyway, with best regards MT 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...