Question | Stopping client task on ESMC

This is a 3 years old question by now. 

I have 2 client tasks that update the automatically AV software. 
for some reason a total of 5 machines are stuck on "Task started" (one of them is stuck on "waiting for product, so let's ignore this one) 

How can I cancel these job\session on these clients to rerun it again, without needing to wait for a timeout

Another question, can we shorten the time out? 
adding screenshots

image.png.3fc8dc7f28e1c0af7aa63de52354cbd4.png

image.thumb.png.0e3042ec22c293bbbef3289a5c94b87f.png

image.thumb.png.c1104c4a8b54470f58c02347a7543325.png
Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply @Marcos
If I will elaborate your answer a little, I will need to create a different task and send it to the client, otherwise the same task won't work as it is already thinking it is running on the client in question. 

I think it would be great addition to be able and stop a task from running, finding a way to make it cancel (either ekcmd command or just a "stop" button. 

Besides that, I'm still waiting for an answer regarding the other major issue. ESET Endpoint for Linux is just not working on Ubuntu 20.04, no gui is displayed and there's no app in the gui applications menu. 
You can see it running under systemctl, but there's no way to actually interact with it (friendly-gui approach)

https://forum.eset.com/topic/25044-endpoint-for-linux-running-but-not-working-correctly

Thanks

so I'm waiting right now for @MartinK to assist me here. 
Please reply when possible, as right now, I'm looking for how to lower the timeout events so I can send tasks on a faster basis in case something doesn't work.

• ESET Staff
6 hours ago, avielc said:

so I'm waiting right now for @MartinK to assist me here. 
Please reply when possible, as right now, I'm looking for how to lower the timeout events so I can send tasks on a faster basis in case something doesn't work.

Currently it is not possible to shorten this interval, but also note that it is reported just to somehow "notify" user that it went wrong, or more precisely that response has not arrived in time. This might mean that:

• task execution was interrupted in a way that response was not possible to send (for example restart of system during task execution) or other unexpected service failure.
  • task execution is waiting for some even that is not going to happen, for example startup of product, which might have been installed but is not running as expected. This might happen for example after installation, when it it for some reason not possible to active just installed product.
  • task is actually being executed for whole time - might happen for long-running operations that either take long time (on demand scan of huge disks) or they cannot be interrupted - as is operating system update, which we do not have under control.

But regardless of state or reason for timeout, you can schedule new execution and it will be either executed right away, or execution will be queued, depending on stage of AGENT. Queuing will hapenn only for tasks that do not support parallel execution and are in state #3, i.e. execution is somehow blocked, but that is mostly not the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @MartinK
First, Sorry for the late reply, 
Regarding your points: 
Thank you for that, 
Still, if the timeout is too long for some tasks that shouldn't take this long (e.g. installing AV which fails under #1 or #2. ) 

In ESMC I still get a task running for up to 2 days after and there's nothing I can do to clean that status. 
Is it possible to clear such cases? 

Thanks