Can I manually delete quarantine files?

Hi,

Our main file server has about 60000 files in quarantine, and when I try to delete them from the ESET GUI my server hangs, which is very very bad for business. 

Even when I delete files in batches of ten, it hangs for about 3 minutes before ESET responds and doing it like that will take forever. 

Last night I uninstalled ESET, and reinstalled it, however all my quarantine files are back! (Dated from last month). 

My question is, can I delete quarantine files manually from windows? 

Kind Regards.

• Administrators

The primary problem is that so many files are being quarantined. Ideally you shouldn't have any files in quarantine. Are the files detected directly on the server and subsequently quarantined? If so, could you post a handful of records from the Detected threats log?

This is also an issue I reported months ago , as we have a server that quarantined all .zip files to prevent them being deleted or being delivered to customers, I was advised that the self defence module needs to be disabled and then the quarantine folder emptied , however I did ask if a pagination feature could be added or a limit of 30 records loaded at a time as we have had the same issue where the server becomes unresponsive,

• Administrators

The quarantine folders are not protected by self-defense so there's no problem deleting the content manually.

Hi Marcos,

It's mostly autorun.inf files, which I've submitted to eset before. 

How do I manually delete the quarantine files? 

Kind Regards,

Werner

• Administrators

Hi Werner,

search for *.ndf and *.nqf files in the c:\users or "c:\documents and settings" folder and delete them.