Windows 7 end of life issue

Dragoneer

I'm sure this topic has been addressed here but I couldn't find it via search. I'm running ESET NOD32 Antivirus on a couple of  Windows 7 PRO SP1 64-bit machines where ESET freely updates itself. I just noticed a bulletin that said support for some Windows 7 machines would vanish in a few months. My machines have most M$ updates (exceptions are the stuff that tried to force Windows 10 and device drivers which I pick up from manufacturers). Am I going to lose my Antivirus solution soon? I would consider it a loss if updates of either signature or program were discontinued. If I am to lose ESET, how do I get a refund for the time remaining on my license? Thanks for any information you might provide.

• Administrators

ESET will continue to work on Windows 7. If you have already v13.2 installed, you must have updates adding SHA-2 code signing support already installed. However, Windows 7 is no longer a relatively safe OS since Microsoft doesn't provide security updates for it any more and as time goes, it may become more and more vulnerable.

From the security point of view having the latest version of antivirus doesn't suffice and the OS as well as 3rd party applications must be updated as well.