Non-functional firewall after purchasing and applying license key

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right destination for this question, but I've finally decided to upgrade to a licensed version of NOD32 internet security. Upon doing so and after being prompted to restart my laptop, the software now shows me red marks on the network protection section, specifically the ones related to Firewall, Network attack protection, and Botnet protection. Another red mark also appears on Security Tools, specifically the Banking and Payment section.

Now I've attempted to troubleshoot this on my own by restarting the laptop several times. I've also gone through a couple of the threads on this forum to see if any other users have encountered the same issue and have tried offered solutions to no avail. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Thank you.

P.S. A couple of details you might need:

- Windows 10

- ESET Internet Security type license

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- under Help and support -> Details for customer care enable advanced logging
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated zip archive here.

You stated:

12 hours ago, alunze said:

I'm not sure if this is the right destination for this question, but I've finally decided to upgrade to a licensed version of NOD32 internet security.

Does this mean that you had NOD32 installed prior to purchasing an Internet Security license? If so, did you uninstall NOD32 prior to installing Internet Security?

12 hours ago, itman said:

You stated:

Does this mean that you had NOD32 installed prior to purchasing an Internet Security license? If so, did you uninstall NOD32 prior to installing Internet Security?

I was using a trial version prior to upgrading to a licensed one. I haven't uninstalled NOD32 yet, I just applied the key I got over my mail.

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:
- under Help and support -> Details for customer care enable advanced logging
- reboot the machine
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated zip archive here.

I will try this. Thank you

• Marcos changed the title to Non-functional firewall after purchasing and applying license key
15 hours ago, alunze said:

I was using a trial version prior to upgrading to a licensed one. I haven't uninstalled NOD32 yet, I just applied the key I got over my mail.

Note - NOD32 and Internet Security are two different Eset products. You are referring to both combined in your postings.

Is the following correct?

You had a trial version of Internet Security originally installed. You had no issues with the firewall when running the trial version of Internet Security. You then purchased a license for Internet Security. You then entered this license key in the installed Internet Security trial version to activate it. It was at this point Internet Security started informing you of issues with Network Protection features; i.e. Firewall, Network attack protection, and Botnet protection.

Edited by itman