ESET 7.3.2041.0 reports it is out of date an needs to upgrade to version 7.2 or later

Rocha

I observed the ESET warning

----

ESET Management Agent is outdated

Your current ESET Management Agent is out of date and no longer fully compatible with your security product. Upgrade it to vresion 7.2 or later and make sure your versino of ESET Security Management Center is 7.2 or laer See your options: https://support.eset.com/kb7465

----

I upgraded all of my machines using the ees_nt64.msi installer. 17 of the upgrades worked fine. One did not.

The failing scenario is a Windows 8 64b machine.

ESET itself reports it is ESET Endpoint Security 7.3.2041.0, but the protection status page still gives the error message. 

image.png.aaee17953dc393cac3faf789c5db3bd7.png

The error message persists after rebooting the machine and repairing the install.

Any suggestions for how to resolve? I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled because I recall there are some extra licensing steps that I don't want to deal with again -- unless I have too (in which case I have to wait anyway as our IT license manager is on vacation.)

• Administrators

The notification says ESMC management agent 7.2 is installed. Did you send an ESMC component upgrade task to the client to upgrade the agent?

I honestly don't know.

The email from IT was to install ees_nt64.msi and follow the installer's displayed instructions.

I ran the installer, in that process the installer turned off the firewall, installed the update and then said a restart was required. I then restarted. When it restarted it had a warning that the firewall was disabled and needed to be restarted. I selected restart firewall.

For the machines that worked, it then said you are protected. For the one machine I'm writing about it just continued to display that warning.

What is an ESMC upgrade task?

The other 17 machines upgraded without anything other than the installer. Sorry I don't have more to share than that.

• Administrators

ESMC component upgrade task upgrades agent (or ESMC server with some of the components) to the latest version. It's run from the ESMC console:

image.png

I'm not familiar with that.

I will forward this information to my IT contact for when he returns from vactation.

Thank you.

John

• Administrators

It's also possible to download an agent installer from our website and run it. However, you will need to enter the address of the ESMC server as well as credential for the ESMC console to run a server-assisted installation.

Thank you Marcos.

This is getting beyond my depth. I don't have that information on hand. While I want to complete the upgrade and finish the task, I don't want to get stuck part way or make it worse, or are you advising that this is important enough that I interrupt my IT contacts vacation?

• Administrators

It can wait. Upgrading agent to v7.2 is important especially on Windows 10 since after upgrade to Update 21H1 next year older versions will stop working.